Last updated on July 30th, 2022 at 11:13 am
Using the Best countertop water filtration system has lots and lots of benefits. These filtration systems not only provide you with healthy drinking water by eliminating contaminants in your water, but some of these filters also boost your immunity and stimulate weight loss.
Let’s have a review of the top 8 water filtration systems in the market and the points of consideration when you are going to buy a water filtration system.
What To Look For When Buying The Best Counter Top Water Filtration System- Buying Guide
There are many countertop water filters available in the market. Many of these brands claim that their products are revolutionary and provide the best user experience. Yet the problem is, how do we make sure that the product we are going to buy will provide the best user experience in reality?
There are certain key features or characteristics that ensure that a countertop water filter is high quality and will be your money’s worth. You need to consider these features before making your buying decision to get the product that will suit your lifestyle.
- The size of the water filters is also an important consideration when you are going to purchase one. You need to measure the size of your countertop or sink so that the water filter fits perfectly on it.
- Even though the pitcher filters have a small size and capacity, and they can fit almost everywhere, you still need to consider their size in order to be sure. You do not want to get a water filter that is too large or too small in size related to the size of the place where you are going to place it.
- If you get a water filter that is too large compared to your countertop, you can have many problems so taking measurements is very important when deciding to make the purchase.
- Even though the water filter systems are designed to remove impurities and toxic elements from the drinking water, there are some models that can do it better than other brands. All water filters can remove bad taste, foul odor, toxic metals, and sediments from the water yet their capacity to remove certain elements can vary according to their design and filtration qualities so they will provide different levels of purification.
- Some water filters are designed to remove especially chlorine from the water however others may have focused on removing chloramines. There are many other water filters that remove many toxic materials from water but end up eliminating beneficial minerals too.
- Due to this reason, it is very important to have a general idea about which filters remove which type of impurities at what percentage so that you can get the product that matches your needs. You don’t want a water filter that removes chlorine from water when what you are facing is sediments in your drinking water.
- An easy way to know the filtration capacity of a water filter system is to get a water test kit. With the help of these kits, you can easily know the pH level of the drinking water in your house. These devices also inform you about the hard water and the heavy metal concentration and other values in the water.
- When you know these values with the help of a water test kit, look for a water filter that can remove these impurities.
- Your budget also matters a lot when you are going to buy a countertop water filtration system. You must think about how much you are willing to pay for the best countertop water filter dispenser. There are many brands and hundreds of products available in the market. The prices of these water filters can be really high or you can also get them at a reasonable price.
- You should consider not getting a countertop water filter at a very expensive price without proper research as you will only end up purchasing a pricier product that provides similar features to an affordable one.
- Some water countertop filters can be very expensive just because they come from a very extravagant brand or because they have a sleek look but that doesn’t mean that these products are sure to provide the best quality. Sometimes the expensive products can provide very limited features so you need to research the market before making the final choice.
- If you are a hygiene freak, you will have known that alkaline water has anti-aging properties. Some water filters provide the feature that makes your water more alkaline.
- The alkaline water helps your digestive system, boosts your immune system, and helps to hydrate your skin. Alkaline water also helps in promoting weight loss.
- There are special filter cartridges in some designed countertop water filters, which help to make drinking water more alkaline. So if you want alkaline healthy water, you should consider getting a water filter system that has special filter cartridges in them.
- No matter which brand of water filter you use, if you have installed a water filter, regular maintenance is an important factor. Using a water filter means that it will definitely reach its maximum capacity at a point. If you keep using the water filter without cleaning even after it has reached its maximum capacity, it will provide the same quality water as a tap.
- Due to this factor, cleaning and maintaining a water filter is very important. Some water filters reach their maximum capacity in around four months while others can have a maintenance cycle of one year.
- No matter at which price range you have bought the water filter, the maximum capacity can be different for each filter. You need to confirm when a water filter will reach its capacity before making the final purchase.
- Changing a water filter can be quite expensive. Some water filters can use 4 filters at the same time in order to clean the water properly. All four of these filters are used consecutively and they will need changing at the same time too.
- You will need to ensure how long a water filter will work, and how much the re-installing cost so that you can get the product that suits your needs and budget.
- Even though all of the water filters are designed to provide clean and healthy drinking water, there can often be a complaint about water that tastes bad. This is why you need to research and know about customer reviews in order to get an idea of the taste and quality of the water that a filter treats.
- Another factor that should be considered is to ensure that the filtration system doesn’t remove healthy minerals from the water. The best countertop water filter dispenser can remove calcium and magnesium from your water. So even if you have got a supply of hard water in your home, the best water filter will clean it so you will not have to deal with limestone.
- Removing the harmful materials from the water will surely enhance the taste of water and the bad odors will also be eliminated.
- Yet one problem that can occur is when an efficient water filter eliminates harmful minerals from the water, it can end up eliminating useful minerals too. The taste of the water enhances surely but the water doesn’t remain healthy anymore, which is why you should look for water filters that can remineralize your water.
There are some filters that can add healthy minerals to your water so you get healthy drinking water.
Easy to use
- Ease of use should be the basic requirement of anyone using a technological device, as these devices are designed to provide ease and comfort to people.
- Generally, faucet water filters are easier to use than water filter pitchers. This is due to many reasons. The first reason is that the placement of these filters. Even though the water filter pitchers are easy to move and easier to be placed anywhere, the water faucet filters tend to stay connected to your faucet so you never encounter any difficulty while taking water from your tap.
- The second reason is the usage. The faucet filters can be operated by using just a single button. You just press the button and the filter will work and deliver clean drinking water.
- The water pitcher filter can be a little difficult to operate as they require frequent water refilling. Even though some water filters can have a capacity of 5 gallons so that you don’t have to refill them straight away, they can be a bit heavy.
Top 8 Best Countertop Water Filtration System
1. Home Master TMJRF2E Jr F2 Elite water sink top filter: best compact water countertop filter;
- Easy to fit in small spaces
- Easy to travel with
- Cleans 93 percent of fluoride and chlorine
- Easy installation
- Cleans pharmaceutical micro contaminants from water
- Eliminates chloramine from water
- The filter is not recyclable
- Replacing the filters can be expensive
- Measurements: 12 inches tall, 4.5-inch diameter
- Best portable
- Filters 93 percent of harmful substances
- Cleans 500 gallons of water
This best portable water filtration system can eliminate up to 93 percent of chlorine, fluoride, and other harmful substances from the drinking water in your house. This best home water filtration system uses a five-step process to make the drinking water in your home more healthy and hygienic.
There are usually more harmful substances in the supply of water in the city, which is why this best countertop water filter dispenser is perfect to use in your home if you live in the city and have a water supply that has a high amount of chlorine and fluoride. This filtration system can also eliminate chloramine and many micro contaminants from your water.
This best home water filtration system is perfect for small homes and apartments as the size of this water filter is very small. With only 12 inches of height and 4.5-inch diameter, you can fit this water filter on any countertop with your faucet. The small size of this water filter also allows you to take it anywhere with you while traveling or on an outdoor trip. Yet if you take it anywhere with you while traveling, it is better to get the adapter pack of the brand. This will ensure clean water as the water quality will be different from place to place.
The installation of this best sink top water filter is very simple and easy. You will be able to easily install it within ten minutes and then you can start using this water filter for clean water. The filters in this filtration system need a periodic replacement after three months or after the filter reaches its capacity of 500 gallons.
2. Clean 4 less water filtration system countertop water filter; best value water filter:
- Cleans 97 percent of bacteria, sediments, and chlorine
- Easy installation
- Best budget water filtration system
- Cleans a large amount of water
- Doesn’t need filter replacement
- Easy to fit in any sink or countertop
- You cannot change the filter, which means you will have to replace the whole device
- Doesn’t alert you when filtration capacity has reached
- Dimensions: 5 inches x 5 inches x 9.5 inches
- Cleans 10,000 gallons of water
- Eliminates 97 percent of chlorine
This popular water countertop filter comes at a great price and with amazing features. This cost-effective water filtration system is very efficient in reducing harmful substances from water. You can imagine the efficiency of this water filter when you read that this water filter can eliminate up to 97 percent of chlorine, and other volatile organic compounds from your drinking water.
The cleanwater4less countertop water filtration system also reduces bad odor and foul taste from your drinking water so that you get tasty hygienic drinking water. As if these features were not more than what you pay for, this water filter also provides a large filtration capacity which truly makes it the best water filter in the market.
With this water filtration tank, you can filter and clean ten thousand gallons of water. All of these features and an affordable price make this water filter the best countertop gravity water filter.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly water countertop filter that doesn’t require filter replacement, then you cannot get a better option than this one, as it doesn’t need water filter replacement.
The compact design of this device allows you to fit this water filter next to any sink or on any countertop easily. The small size of this best countertop water filtration system doesn’t stop it from working in five processes, which ensure hygienic drinking water. The five-step cleaning process reduces chlorine, VOCs, and Sediments from the drinking water.
The installation process of this water filtration system is very easy as it doesn’t require any tools or machinery to be fixed on the wall.
3. Home master filtration TMJRF2-BK Jr F2 sink top filtration system: best performance water filter
- Removes 93 percent of harmful substances in the water
- Eliminates chlorine, fluoride, and other contaminations
- Space-saving, efficient design
- Simple and easy installation
- Best portable water filtration
- The attachment filter can be difficult to operate
- The attachment filter can stop bouncing back after a while
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 6 x 12 inches
- Filters 93 percent of contaminations in water
- Filters 500 gallons per 3 month
The Home Master TMJRF2-BK Jr F2 is decent ledge water sifting arrangement that comes at a fair cost. This model will eliminate the majority of the impurities in the water, including risky microscopic organisms and parasites, synthetics, and hurtful metals and minerals.
There are some magnesium and calcium particles that are left in the water and it can be hard for the filters to clean it even if they are very efficient. The home master filtration system can clean your water and remove even the small impurities from the water efficiently.
The water filtration system is so effective, it will eliminate up to 93% of the unsafe synthetic substances in your drinking water. Not only that, but this water filtration system also removes bad taste and foul order from your drinking water.
The filter’s little and minimal plan allows for easy installation and functioning. The filter system is perfectly sized that it is really easy to install and fit anywhere you would want even if you have a small kitchen.
In addition to the fact that these designs make the channel appropriate for movement, yet it additionally makes it simple to fix and utilize. The Jr F2 takes up a modest quantity of room, so it will fit cozily close to your tap or on any small countertop.
The great performance of this water filtration system requires a filter replacement every three months or after the filtration capacity of 500 gallons is reached.
4. iSpring CKC1C countertop water filtration system for drinking water: easy installation and functioning;
- Clear transparent housing for easy examination
- Ultra-safe functioning
- Cleans 95 percent of impurities from water
- Efficient working
- Easy to install with leak-free settings
- 1-year warranty
- Meets ANSI/ NSF standards
- doesn’t include a flow restrictor in the filter
- dimensions: 5 inches x 5 inches x 10 inches
- filter life: 6 months
- cleans 95 percent of micro-contaminants from the water
This counter alkaline water filter has a clear body that allows you to inspect the filter easily. This way, you can know whether the filter is working and when it is time for you to change the filter. This water filtration system also has a 5 standard micron carbon block cartridge which helps to eliminate 95 percent of the toxicity from the water.
The water filter reduces chlorine, rust, sand, sediments, silt, and bad odors from your drinking water so this is the most effective water filter you can get in the market.
This water filtration system is also very effective in reducing volatile organic compounds from the water so you will not have to worry about pesticides, industrial chemicals, or herbicides in your drinking water.
The product also has validation from an independent third party. This certification ensures that this product meets the ANSI and NSF standards and is a world-class product.
This portable countertop water filter is easy to install and doesn’t require any drilling or heavy instruments for installation. The size of this filter is also very portable which allows it to fit in any small size space or on any countertop which doesn’t have large space. You can easily install it with a faucet system. This filtration system is also perfect for small offices and apartments.
5. Apex (MR-1050) countertop drinking water filter system: best overall water filter
- eliminates contaminants from the drinking water
- reduces chlorine, radon, and mercury to make water clean
- also eliminates giardia and cryptosporidium from water
- easy installation
- environmentally productive
- 6 months of clean water supply
- The filter housing is tight which can make it hard to replace new filter
- dimensions: 6 x 6 x 14 inches
- filters 750 gallons of water
- works on NSF and FDA guidelines
The apex countertop drinking water filter works on FDA and NSF guidelines to ensure that you and your family drink healthy and clean water without having to worry about anything. This water filter system reduces any contaminants found in drinking water that comes from the tap water supply and turns it into healthier water.
With the elimination of chlorine, radon, and sediments, this water filtration system also removes giardia cysts and cryptosporidium from the water. These contaminants can be the reason for harmful water-borne illnesses so the Apex filtration system helps to keep your family healthy and safe.
If you want tasty and sparkling freshwater, you will be pleased to know that the Apex water filter also removes mercury and harmful pesticides from your drinking water to provide you with fresh, healthy, clean, and clear water which tastes delicious.
The water filter is designed to provide convenience and ease of use. The installation of this filter system is really easy. You can install this filter with your faucet and keep it on any countertop easily without having to worry about the device taking too much space. This filter system is made to fit easily on any kitchen or sink top without taking too much space.
The installation process is so easy that you can easily do it by yourself without having any issue. This filter allows you to be environmentally responsible and be more socially aware by being less dependent on the water bottles which are made of plastic. By using this water filter, you can get 750 gallons of clean water.
6. RKIN Alca Pure reverse osmosis water countertop filter: zero installation purifier best for fluoride removal
- Delicious tasting water
- best countertop alkaline water pitcher
- develops 7-8 pH OF WATER
- SPACE saving design
- Modern and stylish space-saving
- BPA free filtration system
- Environmentally friendly
- Eliminates 99 percent of water
- Poor spout design
- Eliminates 95 percent fluoride from water
- Cleans 99 percent of other contaminants from water
- Dimensions: 5 x 14.5 x 16.25 inches
Studies show that a high level of fluoride in drinking water can cause various problems. It can result in weak bones and damaged teeth. This best countertop water filter can filter out most of the fluoride from your tap water so that you can have healthy drinking water which doesn’t impact your teeth or bones in the wrong way.
The alcapure water filter claims to eliminate 95 percent of fluoride from the drinking water which is an excellent job considering that fluoride can be heavily mixed up in the water. This best water countertop filter system can also filter 99 percent of impurities from your drinking water making it clean and healthy.
With this filter system, you don’t need heavy installation or assembly efforts because the installation of this filter is pretty easy and quick. You can put this filter device on your kitchen counter and load tap water into the front. The device will filter the clean water into the top unit of the faucet and through a four-stage process. The four-stage process also uses a reverse osmosis filter which will clean most of the contaminants from your drinking water.
This countertop water filter reverse osmosis filter also follows NSF International 58 standards for the RO system. The filter machine only takes 15 minutes to clean half a gallon of water. The modern and stylish look of this filtration device makes it a customer favorite. With the measurements of 9.5 x 14.5 x 16.25 inches, you can fit this filter easily on the countertop or with your faucet.
The filter needs replacement after every 12 months, which is a large time frame, allowing you to drink clean water for a long time, without any worry of replacing the filter. The reverse osmosis membrane in this device also needs to be replaced after every 2years.
7. New Wave Enviro water filtration system: best for fast and easy filtration
- Eliminates contaminants
- Easy installation
- Keeps water safe
- Countertop filter
- No tested results for the purity or standard
- Cleans 800 gallons of water
- Filters lead, tri-halo-methane, and mercury
- Eliminates 99 percent of chlorine and other contaminants
This filtration system is the best fast filter that can clean up to one gallon of water in just about one and a half minutes. The rate of speed by which this water filter cleans any tap water is faster than any other brand out there. This best water filtration machine can eliminate lead, chlorine, trihalomethanes, and mercury from any type of water easily.
This filter system can also reduce mercury, arsenic, herbicides, and pesticides from your drinking water which makes it a perfect filter for any type of water. The water filtered by this countertop filter can not only be used for drinking. You can also use the clean water that has been filtered by this filter for watering the plants and washing your clothes.
The clean water can also be drunk by pets and because this filtered water doesn’t have any type of impurities remaining in it, you can also use this water for making tea and coffee.
By using this water filtration system, you ensure to stay environmentally responsible as you cut out on 6000 single plastic water bottles by using 800 gallons of filtered water. This water filtration system also allows you to drink clean and healthy water at an affordable cost.
This countertop water filtration system is easy to install. You don’t need to do the heavy installation with this device. The size of this filter is also very small that you can easily fit it on any countertop.
8. Zero water ZD-018 pitcher water filter: best handheld water pitcher filter
- Filters 23 cups of water
- Water quality meter included
- Premium 5 stage filtration
- Comfort grip handle
- Spigot for pouring water
- Space-saving design
- BPA free
- Small capacity of cleaning
- Handheld water filter
- Cleans 23 cups of drinking water
- Premium 5 stage filtration system
This best pitcher water filtration system uses 5 stages of the specialized process to remove contaminants and bad taste and foul order from your drinking water. With this handheld water filter, you can drink delicious water as it removes TDS (total dissolved solids) from your water than any other water pitcher filter out there.
The 5 stage filter procedure in this filtration machine first removes any solid particles such as dirt and rust from your water. This makes drinking water clearer and cleaner. In the second process, the filter removes any solid particles that were remained in the first step from the water.
The third process removes organic microbes from your drinking water, which can be chlorine, mercury, or chloramine. The fourth stage of water cleaning filters inorganic compounds such as radiological, metal, and non-metal contaminants from the water. The fifth stage cleans any left solid particles from the water to make it utterly clean and clear so you get healthy drinking water.
What Is Counter Top Filtration System?
Let’s start by having a look at what exactly is a countertop water filter system. A countertop water filter system improves the quality of your water by eliminating more than 90 percent of the contaminants found in the drinking water.
These devices are easy to install behind any sink. The spout of these filters allows you to pour water in the glass straight from the device without having to use the tap and drink it straight away. These filtration devices reduce the possibility of getting any stomach problem by killing all the bacteria in your water so your dependence on bottled water gets minimum. This also helps to keep the environment clean as you will not need to use plastic water bottles.
The water filtration system for countertops is designed in a very compact style so that you can easily fit and install them anywhere in your kitchen without having to worry about them being too bulky. These water filters don’t need permanent fixation which allows easy portability.
Another great feature of these best water filters is that they are very easy to carry so you can take them on your RV on vacation or outdoor trips. In this way, you can ensure to get safe water even while away from home which reduces the risk or diarrhea or other stomach issues.
How does water filtration work?
Even though it might seem very simple, the water filtration systems actually use a complex system to clean the water. The first process is to clean any big sediments from the water which are visible to the human eye. For this process, a filter with small pours is used which cleans the sand and rust from the water. In this step, many bacteria and parasites are also removed.
The second step removes calcium and magnesium from the water to make it softer. This step is usually done with ion-exchange resins that also eliminate heavy metals and toxins from the water.
The third process uses an activated carbon filter, which removes organic contaminants from the water. This eliminates herbicides, pesticides, chlorine, and disinfectants from the water.
Then there is the step with includes alkalization of water. The alkalization of water is done by some filters yet some filters don’t include this step in their process. In the alkalization stage, the acidic compounds are being ionized with infrared rays, which makes the water more alkaline.
Then there are a few more optional filters that are included in some filtration devices yet some filters don’t have these standards included in the. These filters eliminate silver and KDF from the water. Some filters also remineralize the water.
Type of water filters
There are two types of water filter systems available in the market. You need to know the difference between them and the feature they provide in order to buy a product that will suit your needs.
These water filter systems connect to your faucet directly. These filtration systems are really easy to use and they also provide efficient water filtration. These water filtration systems are easier to use than other models so you will use them more frequently due to the advantages they provide.
Many of these water filters attach directly to your faucet aerator, which allows you to install them quickly without any problem.
Yet these filters don’t have any way of telling how much water they have filtered.
Water filter pitcher
These water filters work very efficiently even though they cannot be connected directly to your water faucet. If you have a narrow or small countertop or sink, using a water filter that doesn’t attach to your faucet can have many advantages.
you can use these water filters at your office or any other small space that doesn’t have any large counter so these devices are perfect for homes with small kitchens. Even if these devices don’t connect to your faucet, you can place them or any other countertop or shelf just like any kitchen appliance and use easily.
The only hassle when using these water filters is that they need periodic refiling to continue working.
A water filter is a very important device that helps to make you healthy by drinking clean water. If you live in an urban area, you would know the water there is usually hard, which not only gives you stomach problems but can also destroy everything, like your hair, plants, and clothes. If you live in any area that is closed to factories, using a water filter is really important, as it can be severely hard to find clean drinking water.
To get clean drinking water, it is best to get a filtration system that will not only provide you with hygienic water but also ensure that your clothes, hair, and plants are safe from the effects of hard water.
Will countertop water filters remove chlorine from my tp water?
If your filter device has a carbon filter included in it, then it will definitely eliminate any chlorine particles from the water. Any filtration system that follows a five-step water cleaning, will also remove chlorine from drinking water.
Is filtered water a better choice than bottled water?
A water filter provides you with high-quality drinking water. The only cost that you will have to bear is the purchasing of the water filter, and then you can have clean drinking water without spending money every day for drinking water. While in the other scenario, the plastic water bottles can not only be expensive but might not provide as hygienic water as a filter.
Will the taste and water flow rate help me decide if the filter needs to be changed?
You should not decide by the taste or flow rate of the water whether the filter needs changing. Some carbon filters can provide tasty water even long after the filter has reached its changing limit. So the water might not be filtering in the filter which is why you need to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to know how often the filter needs to be changed.
Can bacteria grow in my faucet water filter?
Even though the water filter provides you filtered clean water, there can be bacteria growing inside the water filter itself. You need to drain or flush the water 20 seconds before turning the filter on. And again drain water 10 seconds after you have turned the filter on.
Do I need a big countertop to install the water filter?
There are many counter water faucet filters available that don’t need a large countertop to be placed upon. You can place these water filters on small countertops. These water filters have small measurements or sizes so that you can keep other equipment on the same countertop along with the filtration device too.
Can I connect the water filter device to more than one faucet?
A faucet water filter can only be connected to one faucet at a time. You can although, move the water filter to place it with another faucet in a quick manner of time.