To camp in winters, a tent heater is essential as staying warm on chilly nights, especially in the mountains, is pretty challenging. It can be hard to choose the right heater because not every tent heater ensures security. There are certain factors to be noted for the best battery powered tent heaters for camping, like power levels, styles, compactness, and price points.
For your ease, we have compiled a list of the best battery powered tent heaters for camping considering the high-end performance, durability, and safety.
- 1 BUYER’S GUIDE | BATTERY POWERED TENT HEATERS
- 1.1 Weight
- 1.2 Equation Square Footage
- 1.3 Level of Noise
- 1.4 Heat Output
- 1.5 Technology & Heating Types
- 1.6 Heating of Convection
- 1.7 Paramount Safety
- 1.8 Dimensions
- 1.9 BTU
- 1.10 Durability
- 1.11 Efficiency
- 1.12 Portability
- 2 List of top 8 battery powered tent heaters to buy
- 2.1 1. Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane – Best Battery Powered Heater For Tents
- 2.2 2. Comfort Zone CZ707 1500 WATT- Battery Powered Portable Heater
- 2.3 3. Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane- Top Batteries Powered Heaters
- 2.4 4. Mr. Heater F232000 – Portable Battery Heater
- 2.5 5. Mr. Heater F215100 – Portable Battery Operated Heater
- 2.6 6. Honeywell HCE100B – Battery Operated Tent Heater
- 2.7 7. TRUSTECH Space Heater – Best Battery Operated Heater For Camping
- 3 Conclusion | BATTERY POWERED TENT HEATERS
- 4 FAQ’s | BATTERY POWERED TENT HEATERS
BUYER’S GUIDE | BATTERY POWERED TENT HEATERS
The purchase of battery powered tent heaters can be made easier by comparing key important parameters, including:
- Square Footage Equation
- Level of noise
- Output of heat
- Technology & Heating Types
- Safety of paramount importance
To reach a camping heater for tent, we have created a complete buying guide that takes into account the above factors. So, just let’s dive in:
- The tent heater should be light and portable for the tent because it is much easier to transport in the campsite.
- The recommended weight is up to 8 pounds for a portable heater.
Equation Square Footage
- The wattage output of the heater can be used to determine the correct size.
- As a rough estimate, you will need about 10 watts of heating energy for every square foot in the room.
- A 1500-watt heater can therefore be utilized as the major heat source for an area of 150 square meters.
- However, when utilized as a supplemental heating source, it covers a substantially wider area.
Level of Noise
- Single-room heaters with fans are usually louder than without.
- Consider non-fan-forced systems like a baseboard heater or an oil-filled radiator for silent operation in tranquil surroundings.
- The most frequent measuring units are watts, amps, and BTUs.
- Since BTUs (or British thermal plants) evaluate the heating capacity of different fuels, heating units, and cooling systems, they are important in evaluating energy production.
- Heat output from 2,500 to 5,000 BTUs is good per hour.
- If you do not indicate the BTU rating of a heater, simply use the following formula to determine it:
BTU Output = Rating of heat wattage X 3.413
(the amount of BTUs that equal 1 watt)
- Heaters for fuel can be classified into three varieties according to their power source: gas (propane or butane), chemical, and electric.
- Gas heater running on propane or butane is the most common form of heater.
- Electric heaters are practical and efficient but might be difficult to operate in a camping environment.
- Chemical warmers are inoffensive but for individuals with sensitive skin are not recommended.
Technology & Heating Types
For heating rooms using heaters, different technologies are employed. Some of the heaters are designed to heat a whole room, while others supply people and stuff in front of them with direct heat.
Heating of Convection
Provides mild warmth throughout the room and is often used together with fans.
Heating of infrared/radiant
Warms goods immediately on the road.
Use a ceramic heating element instead of coils.
Filled with heating oil
Quiet, low-cost heaters are popular throughout the room.
Heating of the baseboard
Common in non-heated cellars or rental buildings.
Wall heating benefits bathrooms, foyers, and other small areas.
Small-room, quiet and efficient heaters.
- Gas heaters offer a higher risk of inflammable gas for heat generation.
- On your camping heater, the necessary anti-tip, gas leak or high-pressure shutdown mechanisms are required.
- Electric heaters should be switched off, and your room should be adequately airy before going to bed.
- If you select the electric option, radiators and fans will make some noise.
- Bring a unit to a warm night that generates little or no noise.
Key factors to consider are
- In case of the flame blowing out, the product overheats the precautionary measures that are sure weather projects.
- If the heater falls over there should be an active over switch.
- Know that, if you forget to turn your heater off before falling asleep an automatic shutoff should be in place to prevent any sort of undesirable incidents
- Moving in or out of a larger heater is more of a drag and weight.
- Go for the one with the most mobility as a result.
BTU is basically a a degree of how much energy is fashioned by a heater in one sixty minutes. This basically lets us know what kind of heater we will be needing based on the magnitude of the space we require it to heat up.
If a petite space needs to be heated, then a heater of almost 5,100 BTU is enough but for larger areas, the BTU value will go up, respectively. BTU is the amount of energy that is required to heat exactly 1 pound of water to 1-degree Fahrenheit.
For any kind of product that is to be used during harsh weather, or the outdoors: durability is a key factor. Materials such as stainless steel are preferred for such products because they have a good warranty and they have a good lifetime.
For longer trips and adventures an efficient tent heater is required that does not run out too quickly and does not need to be looked after or refueled frequently.
The main reason for looking for a tent heater is to be able to carry it with you wherever you go especially the outdoors and for that portability is very important. So, when buying a heater look for the one that is not so heavy and easily portable so that you can carry it with you where ever you may need it.
List of top 8 battery powered tent heaters to buy
|Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane||☞ Rendered of durable stainless steel|
☞ Modifiable burners of up to 3,000 BTUs
☞ Comes with safety measures
|Comfort Zone CZ707 1500 WATT||☞ Metal construction|
☞ Fan compelled heat
☞ Switch between 750/1500 watts for particular power
|Texsport Portable Outdoor||☞ Ideal for camping, golf carts, trailers & more|
☞ Made of durable stainless steel
☞ Adjustable burners of up to 3,000 BTUs
|Mr. Heater F232000||☞ Portable|
☞ Propane radiant heater
☞ Several safety features
|Mr. Heater F215100||☞ 3,800 BTU propane heater|
☞ Perfect for 4-person tents
|Honeywell HCE100B||☞ Tip-over protection|
|TRUSTECH Space Heater||☞ 3 second warm up|
☞ 3 modes available
☞ Tip over and heat protection
1. Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane – Best Battery Powered Heater For Tents
- Weighs 2 pounds
- 10.7 x 7.4 x 7.4 inches
- Made of stainless steel and plastic
- Propane power source
- Liquified petroleum type
- 3,000 BTUs per hour
- Plastic cup holder included
- 16.4 ounces fuel capacity
- Auto shut off valves
- Ideal for golf carts
Made of stainless steel the texsport sportsmate portable propane heater is the ultimate addition to your winter outings. Not only is it great for camping and hiking but it is also perfect for golfing as suggested by multiple users and reviews. It is very portable but strong enough to provide you with the warmth and comfort you need in the cold months.
A tremendous advantage is its safety precautions. Since it has an automatic shut-off system that will activate as soon as the flame goes out. It has a long lifetime due to its sturdy structure and it burns for longer durations without any need for refueling the only shortcoming that we could find is that it produces chemicals that are harmful in excess and thus long hours of burning may be injurious to health.
2. Comfort Zone CZ707 1500 WATT- Battery Powered Portable Heater
- Weighs 3.17 pounds
- 8 x 6.1 x 7 inches
- Electric power source
- Forced air heating method
- 1,500 watts power
- Three powerful settings
- Fan-only settings
- Adjustable thermostat
- Power and caution indicator lights
- Metal housing framework
- Durable and portable
- Convenient carry handle
As mentioned in the name the comfort zone CZ707 is a 1500 Watt compact and powerful utility heater that provides low and high heat settings all while reducing the overall electricity consumption. It comes with built-in safety precautions such as a tip-over switch and caution indicators.
The Comfort zone delivers on its name and provides ease and comfort to the user by delivering an adjustable thermostat. It allows the user to turn the heater into a fan. Additionally, it is very desirable and perfect 4 small areas such as shops and service departments. Also, it features a metal handle that makes it easy to carry and transport. Lessen your heating bills with this safe and resilient electric portable heater.
3. Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane- Top Batteries Powered Heaters
- Weighs 1 pound
- 8.5 x 10 x 5.25 inches
- Made of synthetic material
- Propane power source
- Liquified petroleum gas fuel
- Stainless steel burner
- Safety valves shut off
- Large paddle foot
- Plastic base for stability
- Copper hardware finish
- 847 watts power
Just like its other model Texsport portable outdoor propane heater packs a punch with its study design and longevity. It provides the user with the appropriate amount of heat in its desired location. Moreover, it can be placed in a specific location to hit a specific area, which can come in handy in several situations. Also, it functions on over 2,890 BTUs. With a one-pound fuel cylinder, it runs for about four to six hours which may be its only shortcoming but for the price point and for a heater its size is pretty reasonable.
Of all the heaters we have covered thus far, this one is the most efficient. Its sixteen SELECT propellants guarantee great performance and steady accuracy. Furthermore, it has a security grid and an exceptionally robust stainless steel burner increasing its lifetime a ton.
4. Mr. Heater F232000 – Portable Battery Heater
- Weighs 9 pounds
- 7.7 x 13.4 x 15 inches
- Propane power source
- 4,000 to 9.000 BTU per hour
- Heats up to 225 square feet
- 100 percent efficient
- Swivel out regulator
- 0.044 Gal/Hr at 4,000 BTU
- 0.099 Gal/Hr at 9,000 BTU
Output scaling from 4000 to 9000 BTUs and the cover radius of 22 5 square foot radius the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX buddy indoor safe portable propane radiant heater is a portable and efficient heater that has a functioning altitude of 7000 feet above sea level.
One may wonder that that is not enough when it comes to height. That is true if you’re a mountain climber or a mountaineer however for normal campsites this range is perfect. Not only with this feature provide you with efficient heating but also a budget-friendly and portable option. It is secure since; it comes with the auto turn off function which activates as soon as the heater tips over.
5. Mr. Heater F215100 – Portable Battery Operated Heater
- Weighs 5.85 pounds
- 11.9 x 9.7 x 10.4 inches
- Propane power source
- 3,800 BTUs per hour
- Heats up to 100 square feet
- Auto safety measures
- Disposable propane cylinder
Another light and sturdy version of the standard Mr. Heater is the F215100 MH4B little buddy. It provides a 3800 BTUs output and considers a space of 95 square feet.
Just like its other versions it also features security preventions ensuring that the auto switches off functions as soon as the heater tips over or the flame blows out.
6. Honeywell HCE100B – Battery Operated Tent Heater
- Weighs 1.05 pounds
- 5 x 4 x 7.75 inches
- Electric power source
- 250 watts power
- Designed with ceramic technology
- 2 heat settings
- Easy one-button controls
Home friendly Honeywell HCE100B heat bud ceramic heater is a compact small size heater that provides the perfect warmth for a single room inside the house. It provides a full 360-degree warmth radius and is cost-efficient.
Since its minimum size ensures limited expenditure. This one is very easy to carry and has two adjustable thermostat settings. A well-suggested tip that comes along with this model of Honeywell heat bud ceramic heater is that during cold winter days people can just turn down their full house homeostat by some degrees and then utilize this pocket-friendly personal compact heater in whatever room they are present in. As it’s so easy to carry around and this will save a ton of money.
7. TRUSTECH Space Heater – Best Battery Operated Heater For Camping
- Weighs 2.97 pounds
- 6.3 x 7.1 x 9.1 inches
- Corded electric power source
- Forced air heating method
- Heats up to 200 square feet
- 3 easier control modes
- 1500 watts high heat output
- 1000 watts low heat output
- Natural wind mode
- Automatic overheat protection system
- Ultra quiet functioning
1500 Watts may not sound a lot when it comes to a heater but with TRUSTECH space heater you can be sure that your personal space is never cold. Being an inexpensive item, it is easy on the pocket but still works wonders on your cold toes. It is so compact that it can easily be placed on a desktop or tabletop. This heater is very easy to carry around and comes with tip-over and overheat protection. So, it immediately turns off in case of a tip-over and no disasters are caused.
It has a very small warmup time, a mere three seconds. Moreover, it is very efficient and noiseless too so, you can concentrate on the serene nature sounds when you are outdoors without the interruption of any mechanical buzzing, clicking, or hissing. Additionally, it comes with a 3-setting rotatory dial so, you can choose the perfect setting that works for you.
A 1500 Watt setting for high heat, a 750 Watt setting for low heat, and a mediocre fan setting. This variety helps you to adjust the heating as your per desire without ever feeling uneasy or uncomfortable due to overheating or if the outdoor temperatures go up a little.
Conclusion | BATTERY POWERED TENT HEATERS
Never miss another fun day due to cold weather. From these efficient working products, choosing any of the above will make your whole trip much comfier and cozier. Whether it’s a local campsite you want to visit or just go to the Lake or even climb the mountain many of the products available on the list will provide you with the form in comfort you need uncles winter days. We hope that the article was useful to you in choosing the best battery powered tent heater for your needs.
We have chosen all the products considering heat capacity, output, durability, safety, construction, operation, weight, size, and prices. In our recommendation, the best battery powered tent heaters for camping is Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Tent Heater.
FAQ’s | BATTERY POWERED TENT HEATERS
WHY SHOULD YOU GET A TENT HEATER?For any person that likes to explore the outdoors and is especially interested in camping and hiking, they should get a tent heater so that no weather conditions can pose a hurdle in their adventures.
They should always be carried in RVs or vans, as a safety measure so, that you will never be cold even if you are out in the woods.
IS THERE A SAFE WAY TO HEAT A TENT?Small tent heaters are the most viable way to heat a tent even in hard cold weather conditions. Electrical appliances can be used however, there are other ways to heat a tent even without the use of electricity and that is through propane heaters.
ARE TENT HEATERS SAFE FOR TENT CAMPING?Yes, tent heaters are safe for tent camping because they have been designed for this very purpose most of the heaters come with built-in safety precautions that ensure that no accidents occur. However, being extra careful with them cannot hurt.
Make sure that you do not fall asleep with the heater running so your safety can be ensured.
DOES A HEATER WORK IN A TENT?
Yes, a heater can work in a tent using safety measures. Most of the tents come with natural ventilation sources and some of the tent’s materials offer breathability.
HOW DO YOU HEAT A TENT AT NIGHT?
Another option to heat your camping tent is to use hot coals. This can be done by removing some rocks from the fire and letting them cool for a while. You can wrap them around a towel and put them in the center of your tent or on the floor of your sleeping pad all night.