When it comes to installing a woofer into your vehicle, you have to make sure which size of the free air subwoofer will fit in right. Here are some common ones.
- 1 Different Sizes of Woofers
- 2 Kinds of Amplifiers
- 3 Consider the following features before making a purchase
Different Sizes of Woofers
8 inches Subwoofer
8 free air subwoofer provide deep bass in a compact package. A factory-installed 8-inch subwoofer is standard in many modern automobiles that have a subwoofer. You may simply update your existing subwoofer or add some low-end to your music system without taking up much room or investing a lot of money.
A score of 8 inch free air subwoofer will provide you with tight, clear bass. There are some 8-inch subwoofers that sound fantastic, and some may even compare them to lower-end 10″ or 12″ subwoofers, but in general, an 8-inch subwoofer will provide you with good, inexpensive, clean bass.
If you want to read more about free air subwoofers, continue reading: Best 8 inches Subwoofer
10 Inches Subwoofer
10-inch subwoofers are a step up from 8-inch subwoofers. The smallest or you can say a real subwoofer is a free air subwoofer 10. To be fair to the 8-inch subwoofers, a 10-inch subwoofer handles more power, sounds louder, and does not seem like a compromise.
Most 8-inch subwoofers lack the power that a 10-inch subwoofer does “provides A ten “A subwoofer typically necessitates the installation of a box or enclosure somewhere, but you get bass that hits hard and can grow loud.
However, the capacity to get loud and the ability to play loud are not the same things. Most 10 inch subwoofers will allow you to rattle the trunk, but if you don’t like that, you can set the bass down.
A 10 inch free air subwoofer sealed box subwoofer is ideal for crisp, tight, punchy bass that ensures you receive the correct amount of bass for your listening style. A 10-inch subwoofer is ideal for feeling the kick drum in Hotel California. You’ll still hear it with an 8″, but it’ll sound a lot better with one or two 10s.
Read More: Best Hertz Speakers for Motorcycles
12 inches Subwoofer
The capacity to get loud and the ability to play loud are not the same things. Most 10 inch subwoofers will allow you to rattle the trunk, but if you don’t like that, you can set the bass down. A 10-inch sealed box subwoofer is ideal for crisp, tight, punchy bass that ensures you receive the correct amount of bass for your listening style.
A 10-inch subwoofer is ideal for feeling the kick drum in Hotel California. You’ll still hear it with an 8″, but it’ll sound a lot better with one or two 10s.
12 inch free air subwoofer is more expensive, typically handle more power, necessitating the purchase of a larger amplifier, and require more room for both the mounting diameter and total enclosure capacity.
If you’ve never had a subwoofer before and don’t listen to hip hop, a 10-inch subwoofer should be enough, and that’s what is recommend.
However, if you’ve had 12s or 10s previously, the 12s simply have that “it” element that 10-inch subwoofers just don’t seem to have. In case you have the room, power, and cash for a 12-inch subwoofer and are choosing between 10-inch and 12-inch subwoofers, go with the 12-inch subwoofers.
Let’s have a look at the many Kinds of Amplifiers
Kinds of Amplifiers
In today’s world, there are several varieties of amplifiers available for purchase, making it difficult for buyers to select the one that best meets their needs. Amplifiers for the best free air subwoofer are classified into the following categories
Amplifiers are classified into six varieties based on the number of speakers/subwoofers that may be supported by that amplifier.
Amplifier with One Channel (Best Amp for Subs)
Mono Amplifiers are specifically intended to power high-powered subwoofers. Because these amplifiers only have one channel, the audio is processed through that channel. You may run numerous subwoofers on a single channel if you purchase a mono-amplifier with a high RMS rating.
Because low-end frequencies are not as clearly perceived as mid-and high-range frequencies produced by your stereo speakers, subwoofers simply require mono-frequency. High-end mono-amplifiers often have filters and tone controls, allowing you to customize the amount of bass and quality.
Read More: Best Stereo Amplifier under 1000
Amplifier with 2 Channels
Let’s speak about 2 Channel Amplifiers. As the name implies, these amplifiers have two channels but may be utilized in two ways. You may connect two stereo speakers or bridge both channels and connect a subwoofer to both. These two-channel amplifiers are further classified as Class A and Class AB Circuit.
Class A amplifiers are made up of a single transistor that is used to convey the sound impulse; they give a highly clear and direct signal, but they generate a lot of heat and require more energy. Class AB amplifiers, on the other hand, are made up of two transistors rather than one, which divides the power.
Read More : Best Car Amplifier for Bass
Amplifier with 3 Channels
Three-channel amplifiers are a combination of two amplifiers, which means that two channels are used to power two speakers, usually the front two speakers, while the other channel is used to power your subwoofer. Class AB and Class D circuitry is used in these amplifiers.
These amps are fine if you want something good for a low price, but if you want a complete SQ sound system, you should seek elsewhere.
Read More: Best Power Subwoofer Car
Amplifier with 4 Channels
This is the most popular amplifier. The four-channel amplifiers may power four speakers on all four channels, or two speakers on two channels and one subwoofer by bridging the other two. These are excellent for running quality music.
Amplifier with 5 Channels
5 channel amplifiers are excellent for what they provide, and like 3 channel amplifiers, they have two units incorporated into one. A four-channel circuitry and a single mono channel circuitry.
The four-channel circuitry is used to power four speakers, generally, two in the front and two in the back, while the mono channel is utilized to power your subwoofer. Because subwoofers demand greater power, this is the amplifier’s most powerful channel.
Read More: How to Set up 2 Subwoofers at Home Theater
Amplifier with 6 Channels
The 6 Channel amplifier is the last kind on our list; it is not widely used, but it is ideal for larger high-end vehicles, SUVs, and trucks with more than four speakers. A 6 Channel amplifier may power up to six separate speakers.
Since knowing about the kinds of amplifiers is not enough, however, there are some important features that will help you with the purchase.
Consider the following features before making a purchase
- Wireless subwoofers are risky to purchase since you never know how long the connectivity will persist. However, if the connection is first-rate, you have purchased the finest subwoofer for music that is suitable for you. They also have a very simple setup procedure.
- Wired solutions are more dependable; nevertheless, they are time-consuming due to the large number of wires that must be controlled at the same time.
Availability of power
- The amount of power required for the subwoofer is proportional to the number of watts it can generate.
- Continuous watts are the amount of electricity necessary to provide a more consistent sound foundation.
- Ports are classified into two types: open ports and sealed ports.
- The sealed ports allow no access to the subwoofer’s interior.
- Sealed ports provide more tight and controlled sounds. This is due to the lack of significant air participation. However, when dealing with large volumes, sealed ports might become constrictive.
- An open port allows more airflow, resulting in stronger bass. Low-quality materials will result in open ports, which will cause vibrations and needless distortions.
- The size that should be chosen is entirely dependent on the room in which this subwoofer will be stored.
- A larger space needs a larger woofer; however, two smaller subwoofers can suffice.
- Compact subwoofers are ideal for smaller rooms. They won’t take up much extra space.
- The casing has a big influence on sound quality.
- Acoustic suspension is when woofers are enclosed within a box and provide a low-frequency response. Some of the cases are constructed of wood.
- This significantly eliminates extra vibrations and dampens any unwanted noises.
Find that informative, continue reading more at Usercompared.com