Do you have cartons of VHS tapes stored in your storeroom? You would be wondering how to watch all those priceless moments when you do not have a VCR. The VHS to DVD converter machine will help you revive your favorite childhood memories. You can upload the video clips to your social media platforms as well.
We have compiled a list of VHS to DVD converter to make your selection easier. The buying guide will help you decide the best one for you.
- 1 VHS to DVD Converter Machine Buyer’s Guide
- 2 Our 8 best Best VHS to DVD Converter
- 2.1 1. VIDBOX VHS to DVD Machine
- 2.2 2. Roxio Tape to DVD Converter
- 2.3 3. VIDBOX 8.0 Deluxe VHS to DVD
- 2.4 4. ClearClick VHS to DVD Conversion
- 2.5 5. Funai VCR and DVD Recorder
- 3 7. BIGFOX VHSC to DVD Transfer
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 FAQs
- 5.0.1 1. How to convert VHS to DVD?
- 5.0.2 2. How do I make a DVD disc?
- 5.0.3 3. What is the best buy VCR to DVD?
- 5.0.4 4. What are the best free DVD converters and burners?
- 5.0.5 5. How much data does a DVD hold?
- 5.0.6 6. What are the different ways to transfer tapes to DVD?
- 5.0.7 7. What is the best VHS to DVD Converter for Mac?
- 5.0.8 8. Why do you face the issues of slow video conversion?
- 5.0.9 9. Which VHS to DVD converter does not require a VHS player?
VHS to DVD Converter Machine Buyer’s Guide
To get the best VHS to DVD converter machine, you need to focus on the following points.
- First, you need to know what system you want to convert from. Some devices can transfer videos from tapes to digital or DVD that converts movies from any source.
- A VHS system is required. If you do not have, then you can use the converters with a built-in option.
- The converting machines give you the videos in digital format, so you need to have a laptop to get the tapes converted.
- If you want to make DVDs from the digital files, then you need to invest in a DVD reader because nowadays laptops do not have a DVD playing program.
Our 8 best Best VHS to DVD Converter
|VIDBOX VHS to DVD Machine||☞ Easy to use|
☞ Instruction guides available
☞ Supports Mac and PC
|Roxio Tape to DVD Converter||☞ Compatible with Windows 10|
☞ Splits big videos automatically
☞ Reduces video noise
|VIDBOX 8.0 Deluxe VHS to DVD||☞ Supports any video player|
☞ HD editing
☞ Audio conversion
|ClearClick VHS to DVD Conversion||☞ Easy and instant videotapes|
☞ No software or PC required
☞ Built-in screen
|Funai VCR and DVD Recorder||☞ Line-in recording|
☞ Easy dubbing button
|ClearClick Wizard VHS to DVD||☞ Direct2DVD feature|
☞ The free USA based tech support
☞ USB video
|BIGFOX VHSC to DVD Transfer||☞ Easy and instant video capturing|
☞ Easy operation.
|Honest Technology 5.0 Deluxe||☞ All-in-one video converter|
☞ Advanced editing
☞ Easy one-click option
1. VIDBOX VHS to DVD Machine
- USB and RCA cables included
- 2 software download cards
- Video Resolution: 720×480, 640×480
- Output: DVD, MPEG-2, MP4, MOV
- Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Dimensions: 2.2 x 5.4 x 7.5 inches
- Easy to use
- Instruction guides available
- Supports Mac and PC
- Compatible with any video player having RCA and/or S-video outputs
- Can watch videos on your portable devices
- Can share videos on social media platforms
You know well that tapes decay over time. You need to get them converted to digital formats to keep them with you forever. This VIDBOX VHS to DVD machine allows you to easily convert and share your favorite moments. It can convert from VHS, Betamax, and Camcorder tapes. All you need is a VCR and Mac or PC. The instructions guide is also available for your help.
This converting device works great. I have converted 20 videos and did not have any problem with the device or software. The quality is great. Software installation is easy.
2. Roxio Tape to DVD Converter
- Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 17.3 x 6 x 8.3 inches
- Compatible with Windows 10
- Splits big videos automatically to fit in a disc and burn across multiple DVDs discs
- Reduces video noise
- Stabilizes your shaky videos
- Improves color balance and lighting of videos
- Fast VCR to DVD mode in just a few clicks
It is more than just tape to DVD converter. It allows you to enhance your videos, add a transition, and rolling credits. You can transfer cassette to DVD in just three easy steps. First, you need to connect the VHS player to the USB capture device via RCA out. Then you must connect the capture device to your PC. Finally, you can transfer videos to DVD, Instagram, Facebook, or YouTube. It is compatible with windows 10. You can also enhance your videos with professional tools and split the videos if they are too long.
The software installation is easy, and it works great. I bought it to convert the old videos of my family as a holiday project. They were about 30 tapes. I uploaded them on YouTube, and they were a hit. It is amazing and does not require any expensive conversion.
3. VIDBOX 8.0 Deluxe VHS to DVD
- USB video capture device, USB and RCA cable
- Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/Vista
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Output formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VCD, SVCD, DVD, WMV
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 2.2 x 5.4 x 7.5 inches
- Supports any video player with RCA/S-output connections
- HD editing to add special features
- Audio conversion and photo slideshow
- Free live US-based support for help
This beta to DVD converter machine allows you to convert 8mm, beta, VHS, or camcorder tapes to digital formats. You can add special features to your videos. You can add background music or take pictures of video scenes and upload them on Instagram. Photo slideshows can be created. You just need a VCR/Camcorder and a PC to convert VHS to DVD.
I have over 30 years of old tapes. I had tried to transfer them, but the converter had some limitations and had no editing options. I came across this product on Amazon and I am loving it. You can choose the quality and format and even edit your videos. The written and visual directions are great. The software is easy to install and is the best.
4. ClearClick VHS to DVD Conversion
- USB and RCA cable, TV-out cable
- Prism plus video converter software CD
- 4 GB memory card
- Recording Resolution: SD 640×480 Pixels
- Weight: 4.1 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 1 x 3 inches
- Easy and instant videotapes to digit format conversion
- No software or PC required
- Built-in screen and speakers
- Prism video converter software to convert into web formats
- Free USA tech support
- 1-year warranty
This VHS to DVD conversion device allows you to convert your old videos to digital format with the touch of a button. You can record videos from VHS, VCR, DVD player, DVR, Camcorder, Hi8, and gaming systems. It does not require any software or PC to convert tapes to DVD as it has a built-in screen with speakers. The prism video converter software allows you to transfer videos to phone, tablet, or any web format. You can compress your videos to share online.
I am glad to purchase this ClearClick converter. Reading the user manual before using the converter is important. You need to thoroughly check the box. The software CD comes with it to work with the computer. I followed the instructions and it worked great. It is easy to transfer.
5. Funai VCR and DVD Recorder
- Weight: 9.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.3 x 17.2 x 4 inches
- Line-in recording through cable/satellite box
- Easy dubbing button to do 2-way dubbing
- 5-speed for up to 8 hours recording
- 1080p conversion from the HDMI output
- 4 head Hi-fi Stereo
- Dolby digital stream out
Funai VCR and DVD recorder does not require a VHS player. Convert VHS to DVD with 5-speed up to 8 hours. It provides 1080p high-quality videos through HDMI connection cable plugged into your TV. Have your family wedding tapes but no VHS player? No worries, Funai will do the job for you.
This machine is easy to install, and the directions are simple. I am interested in dubbing and not any other features. I watch DVDs on it too and the quality has amazed me. The dubbing is easier with this unit and does not require any complicated steps.
6. ClearClick Wizard VHS to DVD
- Wizard software CD, USB video capture device, RCA video cable
- Windows: 10/8/7/Vista
- 2-4 GB RAM
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Dimensions: 8 x 2 x 6 inches
- Direct2DVD feature to transfer VHS to DVD directly
- The free USA based tech support
- USB video grabber included
- Editing software included
Convert tapes to DVD using ClearClick wizard. The editing software can remove commercials and trailers from your videos. You do not need to store in a hard drive. Just burn to DVD. It works with Windows 10/8/7/Vista. ClearClick offers the free USA based tech support. Capture, edit, and burn following the easy steps in the user manual.
What an amazing way to convert and share memories with this technology. I converted all the bulky VHS tapes to thin DVDs, and I am surprised. I could not record audio so; I contacted the company and they replied in an hour and assisted me in my problems.
7. BIGFOX VHSC to DVD Transfer
- Video input: One RCA composite, One S-Video
- Dimensions: 78 x 30 x 20mm
- Weight: 2.24 ounces
- USB bus power
- Video resolution: NTSC: 720 x 480 30fps. PAL: 720 x 576 25fps
- Windows: XP/Vista,7,8,10
- Easy and instant video capturing
- Compatible with all the window systems
- Easy operation. The software guides easy steps to record analog videos to computer.
- Free technical support service
You can preserve your precious memories by converting VHS to DVD. Just convert your VHS tapes to digital format and burn to DVD. You can convert your parent’s wedding movie and gift them on their next anniversary. The video source should support RCA composite or S-video outputs. It is compatible with all the window systems and supports NTSC and PAL video capture. The software is easy to use and guides you through every step. You can also contact USA based tech support for help.
I am happy with this converter. I have a JVC compact VHS camcorder and had to hook up the leads to the TV hoping to play. This unit is easy to set up. You just need to attach it to the PC via USB and the leads to the camcorder.
8. Honest Technology 5.0 Deluxe
- VIDBOX Video capture device
- Operating system: Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 2.2 x 5.2 x 7.8 inches
- All-in-one video converter hardware and software
- Advanced editing tools for your VHS videos
- Easy one-click option uploading to social media network
- DVD and Blu-ray disc creation
This is one of the bestselling all-in-one video converter hardware and software. Curious to watch all the childhood videos? Your parent’s reaction when you were born? Your first birthday celebration? This device will help you capture the videos from camcorders and edit it according to your requirements. You can add them to your Vlogs or Instagram stories. Convert video to CD or DVD and enjoy watching with your family.
You can operate it in an easy wizard mode. The system works flawlessly.
Learning about the features and reading all the reviews about VHS conversions to DVD, it is time for you to get your required converter and relive the precious moments. It would never have been possible for you without the technological advancement. Preserve them by converting them to DVDs.
1. How to convert VHS to DVD?
The easy way is to get it done by the services provider but if you want to save money then you can use a DVD recorder. First, you need to insert the DVD-R disc, and press record to dub the video. You can use a DVD recorder to plug into VCR with cables but if you do not have, you can go for a VCR/DVD combo.
- Plug your device into the TV
- Insert tape and blank DVD
- Press record
- Press play on VCR side
- Press record to finish
2. How do I make a DVD disc?
Load your videos and choose a DVD creator. Customize your DVD according to your requirements. Select a directory and start the converting process.
3. What is the best buy VCR to DVD?
VIDBOX VHS to DVD machine is one of the best converters to buy. You can easily convert your VHS tapes using the instruction manual. It works well and you can use it for bulk tapes.
4. What are the best free DVD converters and burners?
ImgBurn, BurnAware Free, CDBurner XP, Burn, Express Burn are some of the best free DVD converters and burners. You can use them to burn your files to DVD using multiple features.
5. How much data does a DVD hold?
1 disc can record 90 minutes of material. If your tape has more than that, you need to use more DVD.
6. What are the different ways to transfer tapes to DVD?
There are three ways:
- Using a DVD recorder
- Using a DVD recorder/VHS VCR combination unit
- Connecting the VCR to PC by the video capture device
7. What is the best VHS to DVD Converter for Mac?
Roxio tape to DVD converter is the best for Mac users. You can enhance your videos with the professional tools it has. You can upload the videos to social media platforms as well.
8. Why do you face the issues of slow video conversion?
The VHS tape file sizes are big. You should have the required space available on your computer. The processor and hard disk should be fast. If the processor is slow, you will face issues like conversion stopped, slow conversion or you might lose some parts of the video.
9. Which VHS to DVD converter does not require a VHS player?
Funai VCR and DVD recorder does not require a VHS player. It provides 1080p high-quality videos through HDMI connection cable plugged into your TV.