Follow these steps:
1. Clean the tractor thoroughly, removing all debris, grass, and dirt.
2. Drain the fuel tank or add a fuel stabilizer to prevent fuel from going stale.
3. Change the oil and oil filter to remove any contaminants and ensure that the engine is properly lubricated.
4. Remove the battery and store it in a dry, cool place to prevent freezing and damage.
5. Check the tires for proper inflation and store the tractor in a dry, cool place away from sunlight and moisture.
6. Cover the tractor with a breathable cover to protect it from dust and debris.
By taking these steps, you can help ensure that your garden tractor is properly prepared for storage and will be ready to use when you need it again.