Last updated on August 3rd, 2022 at 01:35 pm
A versatile and multi-purpose tool always comes in handy. Using nest cam as baby monitor is one such product. The product is made for house security but you can use it to look after your baby. Just make sure that it provides all the features that are according to your needs.
Nanit Plus Smart Baby Monitor is the editor’s pick for best baby’s monitor
Things to Consider
- The price of the baby monitor depends on your needs and requirements
- If you just need to peek in your baby’s room once in a while you can spend a small amount of money
- But if you want advance features like 2-way audio or zoom-in they will come at more cost
- You cannot compromise on baby’s security so reliability is the first thing to look for
- You should prefer the model which provides HD results from every angle
- Some advance models also allow the internet connectivity so you won’t miss any moment
- Get a monitor that offers more than just streaming and prioritize features according to the needs
- Some cams allow you to record videos, have night vision and 2-way audio
- Look if your baby monitor just shows the display on the phone or provides separate monitor
- Prefer a unit that provides separate monitor hardware to keep an eye on your baby
Top 9 Nest Cam As Baby Monitor
1. Nanit Plus Smart Baby Monitor
- Bird’s eye view
- 2-way audio
- Alexa enabled
- Sleep stats
- Not exact sleep stats
- With the help of your phone, you can easily have a bird’ eye view of the baby
- With the adjusted sensitivity, you can receive motion and sound notification
- 2-way audio allows you to connect with the baby even if the screen is turned off
- With the app of this company you can get morning stats and laps of the baby’s sleep
- The 256-bit encryption and 2-factor authentication guarantees your data and account are safe
- This is an Alexa enabled baby monitor
The Alexa enabled one of the top rated baby monitors has a unique construction with the bird’s eye view. This makes monitoring the baby more easily.
This one of the top rated baby monitors also gives the option to get alerts and notifications if any sound or motion is detected with the adjusted sensitivity. What’s unique about this is that you can listen to the sound even when you are using other apps.
One of the best rated baby monitors has 256-bit encryption and 2-factor authentication to make sure your data and accounts will remain protected and safe. With the help of this one of best rated baby monitors, you can get the stats of your baby’s sleep but unfortunately many have complained that these stats are not always accurate.
The camera is great and the smartphone app is easy to control and reliable.
2. Google Nest Cam
- 2-way audio
- Easy setup
- Clear night vision
- Good quality
- Is not able to capture motion
- It streams at 1080p for 24/7 you can check in from anywhere you want
- With its 8 infrared lights, you have clear and bright night vision
- To make sure you don’t miss a thing it makes a 3-hour snapshot
- It requires two-factor authentication to view the recorded footage which makes it a secure camera
- With a mounting bracket and Nest app, you can easily set the camera
- It has 2-way audio so you can communicate with the person on the other side
With this nest cam as baby monitor you get the high quality of 1080p, it streams for 24/7 without any interruption. You can also share the clips from this camera to your closed ones or watch it again yourself, never missing any moment of your kid.
To take care of the baby for night time the nest baby monitor provides you a clear vision with its 8 infrared light. The nest camera baby monitor also takes a snapshot of 3 hours with all the highlights from the complete day.
The setup of this nest baby camera is quite easy, with the mounting bracket you just have to place it at a required place and manage the settings through the nest app. To make sure the footage is safe and secure, the nest baby monitor has introduced two-factor authentication.
Nest Cam Baby Monitor Review
It is a bit on the expensive side but the quality is great and I have been using it as a baby monitor for a long time.
3. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
- High quality vision
- Two-way audio
- Sleep mode
- Private wireless transmission
- Limited range
- Bit expensive
- The big display doesn’t require a big battery and can last up to 10 hours on power-saving mode and 6 hours when the screen is on
- With the portable and lightweight camera you can now tilt, zoom and pan with the camera
- The baby monitor is expandable to 4 cameras
- To secure your data, the video and audio is transferred through a 2.4 GHz channel that has FHSS technology
This portable best wifi baby monitor provides you the feature of pan/tilt/zoom to have a clearer view. That baby monitor is expandable to 4 cameras with a long battery life of 10 hours in power saving mode and 6 hours when the screen is on. The best wifi baby monitor also includes a separate charging cable.
The best baby monitor camera allows you to communicate with 2-way audio with the baby. Furthermore, the best baby monitor camera comes with the wireless transmission of 2.4 GHz channels with FHSS technology that protects the transmission of videos and audios. This one of the digital baby monitors also has IR LED lights to give clear night vision.
The cons of this one of digital baby monitors are that it comes at a higher price than the rest of the monitors and also it has a limited range.
It is a good product, but connecting it to the wiFi is difficult as it does not catch the signal.
4. eufy Security SpaceView Video Baby Monitor
- Large display
- Wide-angle lens
- Wide coverage
- Poor sound quality
- The 5” large screen enables you to have a more clear view
- It comes with the wide-angle lens that can expand the view to 110 degrees
- The monitor provides the whole room coverage and pans at the angle of 330 degrees to every corner of the room
- It has the coverage of 460-1000ft that allows you to keep an eye on your baby
With the panning and tilting, this one of the best video baby monitors can cover the whole room. It can move from one corner to another with the angle of 330 degrees and up and down motion with 110 degrees
You can get a clear and high quality view with its large 5” LCD screen. The distance coverage of this best video baby monitors is 460-1000ft.
The issue many people have complained about this one of portable baby monitors is that the sound is not that high quality and clear.
The video quality is great, but the sound is of very poor quality.
5. Owlet Smart Sock & Cam
- Comes with 3 washable sock
- Wellness notification
- 2-way audio
- 1080p quality
- Short battery
- With the owlet app, you can now track your baby’s heart rate and level of oxygen
- The smart sock gets connects with the base station that uses light to show the status if everything is okay
- With the 1080p video, you can have a clear view for day and night time
- It uses 128-bit encryption with TLS connection to connect with wifi so you can have secure data
- This monitor also has a feature of 2-way audio to comfort your baby
This best video baby monitor not only provides you the streaming but also alerts you with the baby’s heartbeat and oxygen levels through the owlet app.
It comes with the 3 washable socks that you can wrap around kid’s feet to get the wellness notifications. This sock connects with the base station and shows a green light when everything is okay and red if something is wrong.
This one of portable baby monitors ensures safety for your data with 128-bit encryption and also has 2-way communication so you can talk to your baby for comfort.
With this camera, we can sleep peacefully, because it will notify when something is wrong.
6. Lollipop Baby Camera
- Easy setup
- Noise detection
- Built-in night vision
- Delayed footage
- The installation of the product is quite easy and requires bending the tail and wrapping it anywhere you want
- It has a built-in night vision with high quality sound
- The monitor notifies you immediately if baby tries to climb out of the crib or starts crying
This lollipop-shaped top rated video baby monitor is very easy to install. It just requires bending of the tail and then wrapped around the surface where you want it. This baby monitor with camera is compatible with all smartphones.
The best audio baby monitor has built-in night lights to give a clear vision for the night time. Also, it has a noise detector that notifies you immediately if the baby is crying. One of the features that make it stand out from the rest is that if the baby tries to climb out the crib it will send notification on the phone.
Along with these features, there is a slight issue with the baby monitoring system that many customers have faced which includes the few seconds delay in the video footage.
The quality of the picture is good and installation was easy as well. I am satisfied with this product.
7. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
- Easy setup
- Temperature alerts
- 2-way audio
- The video connection is poor
- Small monitor
- USB charging is not available
- The 2.4 inches colored LCD enables you to monitor your baby
- With its programmed lullaby and two-way audio you can comfort your baby with the voice
- It has a long monitoring range of 900 feet that does not need any wifi connection
- The infrared LED’s enable you to watch the baby at night time along with the temperature alerts of the room
- This mounting monitor comes with sound-activated LEDs and multi-camera expandability
This baby monitor has 2.4 inches LCD to look after the baby which may be not big size as the other units. For comforting the baby you can use the 2-way audio feature or the built-in programmed lullabies.
Some customers complain about the video connection of this monitor but the positive thing is that it provides the range of 900 feet to cover and also does not require any wifi connection.
For the safety of your baby, it provides a clear night vision with the alerts of temperature changes. Furthermore, it has a sound-activated LED and mounting bracket to give you the option to hang it on the wall or placing it on the flat surface.
I bought this recently and the eco-mode is awesome.
8. MoonyBaby Digital Video Baby Monitor
- Wireless connectivity
- 2-way audio
- Long battery life
- 4 cameras expandability
- Small screen
- It comes with 2 cameras that you can switch between through a shortcut button and the connectivity can be expanded to 4 cameras
- No wifi is required with its 2.4 GHz interference-free signals to provide a safe connection
- With the 2 way audio, you can connect and talk to the baby
- The battery life of this product in saving mode is 8 hours and 6 hours in active mode
- The multi-feature unit has night vision, temperature monitoring, and zoom-in option
This baby monitor’s connectivity is expandable to 4 cameras but it comes with 2 cameras that you can switch between using a shortcut button.
It has a safe and secure connection through its 2.4 GHz wireless connection that ensures to secure your data. For the comfort of your baby, you can utilize its 2-way audio feature. Furthermore, it has a durable battery life of 8 hours in saving mode and 6 hours in its active mode.
The screen of this monitor is small but that can be overlooked considering it has clear night vision, monitoring of room’s temperature and you can zoom-in to observe the baby closely.
This is a good camera it has fallen several times but still works fine.
9. Safety 1st HD Wi-Fi Baby Monitor Camera
- 12 infrared lights
- Cloud storage
- The sound unit setting is difficult
- The mobile app for safety 1st allows you to customize every control very easily
- With its 130 degrees wide-angle view you get a clear 720p video quality
- The audio unit is sound and motion-activated and comes with the long battery life of 12 hours
- A security chip is built-in to act as a firewall between the monitor and wifi network to ensure security
The safety 1st baby monitor ensures the safety of your kid with its wide viewing angle of 130 degrees and a clear view at night and day time.
It has a sound audio unit that you can activate with sound and motion. The battery life of this unit is durable and long with 12 hours. But the sound setting is quite difficult to manage at the start.
It contains a security chip that can be a firewall between the monitor and the network in your house so no one hurts your privacy and the data is safe.
I have been using it for a while and overall it is a good product.
You cannot only use nest cam as a baby monitor but also other security cameras can be used as baby monitors. The article includes all the products that have multi-purposes but most importantly great for keeping your baby safe and in front of your eyes at all times.
1. how to use nest cam as baby monitor?
You can use it exactly as you use it for security and it will work the same but there are some limitations because the features are not made keeping in mind the needs of babies.
2. how to set up nest cam as baby monitor?
Simply place the camera in the area of the room where you want it and then control the settings through your mobile.
3. when using the nest cam as a baby monitor do you have to pay a monthly fee?
If you want to avail all the features you have to pay for it. The features like talking to your kid through the camera’s speaker and activity stream you have to pay a monthly fee.
4. does nest indoor camera have sound?
Yes, with its microphone it picks up the sound from around the camera.
5. Is Nest Cam good as a baby monitor?
You can use it as a baby monitor and it works fine, but you need a monthly subscription to enjoy all features.