Bosu (both sides up) Ball is a half circle ball that is a great addition to every kind of gym (home or studio). It helps not only for maintaining balance and targeting sore muscles only, they are beneficial for the whole body. It mainly aids in a variety of other forms of training, including stretching, rehabilitation, and strength training.
Are half balance balls effective?
There are a variety of half ball exercises you can use at a home gym It is not only a balancing aid, assisting users in coordinating muscles and nerves for unstable circumstances encountered in normal life.
Usually, the effectiveness of the Bosu ball depends upon the workout intensity, the variety in the workouts as well as flexibility.
Through the workout
Lifting free weights like dumbbells or barbells whilst balancing on the Bosu ball forces your body to stabilize the muscles. This makes the regular workout more challenging by increasing the intensity of the other workouts like lunges, squats, and pushups.
To maintain a well-balanced training regime. The half ball exercises are recommended for building support for your back and abdominal stretches.
Simply dragging yourself across the soft dome and relaxing your muscles will allow them to stretch in a unique, beneficial way that regular stretches will struggle to duplicate. It is sometimes also used as an aslant board’ for calf stretches and other exercises with the flat side up.
There are a variety of workouts which incorporates the different kinds of workout. Such workouts help and force your body to adapt to the changes for maintaining balance but, also to carter any kind of your physical situation. Bosu Balls aids to modify the stretches and strengthening the exercise.
The effective exercise using the Bosu Ball includes
1. Single leg Workout
Starting with the Bosu ball, the first workout begins with balancing on the half exercising ball. There are other cheap bosu ball alternatives but this one is worth having for single-leg holds as it exerts more pressure on one leg maintaining the center of gravity on the uneven area.
- Put the Bosu Ball on the floor (flat side towards the surface)
- Stand on to the ball, placing your one leg in the middle and step up your other leg.
- Try to maintain the balance for a minimum, 30 sec.
- Repeat this exercise on the other side.
While doing this workout, try to focus on your posterior by bridging off on the Bosu Ball.
- Bosu Ball flat side down towards the surface.
- Lay down on your back, bend your knees and put your feet flat on the Bosu Ball.
- Brace your core and push through your feet by lifting your bottom in the air.
- extend your hips and squeeze your glutes.
- Now slowly lower down your bottom.
3. Mountain climber
This workout is for cardio as it targets the core.
Put the Bosu Ball, the flat side downwards.
Assume the high planks and put your hands on the bosu ball.
Brace the core, drive your knee, one at a time towards the chest while trying to make your back and chest straight. Try to go fast for a while.
For a forward lunge on an unstable surface (the Bosu ball) will need more stability and balance to maintain the good form.
- Put your Bosu Ball on the floor.
- Stand 2 feet back from the bosu ball or to the distance you are comfortable at because you have to stop forward on to the middle of it.
- Keep your chest straight and step forward on the Bosu. Place your foot in the middle in the lunges to maintain balance.
- Stand up straight, step forward on the bosu ball and repeat the same thing with your other leg.
5. Side to Side Squats
This process strengthens the cardio by hoping up and down.
- Stand next to the bosu ball and step your foot (the right) in the center of the ball keeping up your direction.
- Squat down and jump on your left side foot on the ball and right leg on the other side by squatting up and down.
- Rise up and jump back on the other side.
Our Recommendation for the Best half ball workout equipments
Ativafit Half Ball Balance Trainer
- 23.4 diameter
- 30 inches band length
- 9.8 ball height
- PVC material
- 23.4 x 23.4 x 23.4 inches
About the Product
This product offers immense safety that has been upgraded to the cloud textured with a matte surface. it is made with environmental-friendly material which is non-toxic in nature–PVC, long-lasting, easy to clean and most importantly durable.
Ativafit falls among those half ball workout equipments that are anti-slippery as it possesses 6 rubber feet which are anti-slip with an additional thick base which is 1.2 inches for anti-sliding.
The anti-skidding material increases the stability as much it can allow to stand, jump, kneel, balance trainer or layout, it aids in all of them. It is verified, tested, and guaranteed total security against busting.
This is a versatile trainer itself for pushups, crunches, squats, lunges, climbers, and other exercises. Overall, this is light in weight and portability. Though it is lighter itself but capable of bearing a weight of 660lbs.
If you want to get more options for Bosu Balls, continue reading: Balance Trainer Half Balls