Last updated on July 26th, 2022 at 03:44 pm
In the majority of people, a very obvious result of quarantine was gaining unwanted weight. A very easy solution to this is buying a treadmill and using it daily, however they tend to get over budget and are not so affordable. To make your life easier and healthier, we have come up with a list of treadmills that are not very expensive and are easily available. Getting fit was never this easy before!
What to consider before buying:
Folding versus static:
- Invest in a foldable good treadmill if you don’t have enough space in your house. It helps in reducing storage space and keeps the treadmill out of your way.
- Invest in a static wide belt treadmill if you want a substantial motor and have a lot of space available for use. It will be high performance but not a space saver.
- The higher the power capability, the better the will be treadmill experience. Choose the power in accordance to how frequently you will use the treadmill.
- Always prefer more horsepower. This will guarantee a larger range for speed.
- Choose a machine that can withhold 50 pounds more weights than your weight as this way the power will run more smoothly and efficiently.
- It should have a heart rate monitor to keep the heartbeat in check.
- The calorie counter to accurately tell the burnt calories.
- A program preset will allow you to challenge yourself with a wide range of workouts to choose from.
- Speakers are a must if you like amplifying workouts with music.
- Connection with an application is vital if you want to track your progress over time.
- Cup and tablet holders are important if you want a constant supply of water or want to keep your belongings.
- Safety tethers for instant stopping of good treadmills are a must.
Track speed, incline and cushioning:
- The best treadmill under 600 will have a maximum speed of 7.5 mph, not more than that. This speed is a must buy.
- Cushioning is important to prevent a heavy impact on joints and to prevent fatal injuries.
- You can choose between manual and motorized incline. It is better to go with the motorized incline for maximum results.
5 best treadmills under 600:
1. SERENELIFE SLFTRD8
- Available in color black
- Made up of aluminum
- Has a runny size of 39.3 by 13.4 inches
- Comes with a digital LCD display
- Has 12 preset training modes
- Has adjustable speeds
- Maximum weight capacity is of 265 pounds
Purchasing one of the best treadmills under 500 owned by serene is a dream come true. The treadmill itself is portable and can be easily carried around from one place to the other. The storage process is easy because it can easily be folded and placed.
The powerful motor is strong enough to withstand runs for long distances with high inclines. The LCD display showcases numerous things/details, including: the use time, calories, distance, speed and heart rate.
The built in grip sensors have been specially designed to sense and monitor pulse. One of the main reasons this is the best treadmill for home under $500 is that it can link with fitness applications e.g. FitShow through bluetooth to keep a record of all your exercises and its details. The speed ranges from 0.6 mph to 6.0 mph, considerably more than other treadmills. The separate bluetooth 4.0 connectivity enables the listening of songs while working out.
The safety tether key is very important when it comes to safety features. The treadmill makes an emergency stop as soon as it comes off. It is usually used in case of tripping. Add a little lubricant over the running surface to maintain a smooth performance. An additional emergency shut off button also prevents any accidents and causes the treadmill to make a sudden stop. Moreover, the safety handrails make the walking, running or the jogging process easier as they can be held easily.
- Easy to assemble and put together
- Contacts on handlebars provide immediate readings
- Detailed LCD display
- 12 preprogrammed plans with various difficulties
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Might be a small size for few people
2. ZELUS store
- Made up of alloy steel
- Has advanced safety features
- Comes with an advanced LCD display
- Has dual speakers
- Running belt size is of 39.3 by 13.4 inches
- Maximum weight capacity of 220 pounds
- Has a voltage rate of 110 volts
- Comes with 12 preprogramed workouts
- Speed ranges from 0.6 mph to 6.0 mph
ZELUS is bound to come under the best budget treadmill list because of its affordability and exceptional features. The LCD display keeps track of all sorts of details including workout time, distance, speed and calorie count. The speed adjustment buttons lets you maneuver between different speeds so that you can find the right one for you and the quick start button gets you running instantly. Protection from accidental slips has been promised by the safety key features and the emergency stop buttons.
In terms of transport and storage, the wheels help in easily moving the whole treadmill without scratching any floors. The two pin locking mechanism and the foldable design also make the storage process easier. Your favorite music can be enjoyed through the dual speaker and the cord attached with them. Moreover, a specific storage system for keys and water bottles comes in the form of cup holders.
It is undoubtedly the best treadmill under $600 considering it has five running belt layers. This results in less fatigue and improves core stability. The running belt in this best treadmill is shock absorbent and reduces noise. Furthermore, the anti-skid strips at the side of the running belt act as added safety to prevent fatal fallings. It can be connected with the Fit Show application as well to record exercises and their information.
- Easy to use
- Versatile LCD display
- Built in speakers
- The belt might be short for some people.
- Comes in color black
- Has a maximum horsepower of 2.5
- Has 12 preset training programs
- Comes with an extent LCD display
- Has transport wheels
- Accompanied by added safety features
- Tread belt is multi layered
UREVO certainly comes under the best treadmill deals when it comes to buying the best treadmill for home. The soft drop system and the foldable design makes the whole storage process easy and safe. It is hands free to prevent any exterior damage to the machine. The horsepower guarantees stability and the treadmill can withstand a maximum of 265 pounds of weight.
Natural terrain is stimulated through the preset training programs and the LCD display helps in keeping precise track of the speed, workout time, calories burnt and distance travelled. Moreover, the cup holder provides an added space to keep keys and water bottles in. the transport wheel make it easily portable so that this wide belt treadmill can be smoothly carried around.
The stabilizing design also prevents the inside rods from shaking and causing the machine to fall apart. The anti-slip belt along with the sift grip holder ensure that no accident occur. Additionally, the safety tether key also makes sudden stops to avoid fatal accidents. There is a separate holder for phones and tablets. The 16.5 inch wide belt can fit anybody easily, and hence this best folding treadmill is worth your money.
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Has a stabilizing design
- Design is a space saver
- Has a sturdy and strong built
- The speed increases by 0.5 units and not 0.1 units.
4. SUNNY HEALTH
- Available in gray color
- Made up of steel
- Comes with the LCD display
- Non electric
- Has dual flywheels
- Comes with transportation wheels
Here we have another best home treadmill under $600. The LCD monitor doesn’t only showcase activity details like calories, distance and speed; it also lets you make a goal specific workout. This way it stops you when you’ve managed to reach your goal. The scan option available easily scans through the performance data. The dual flywheels prove to be of resistance and require more force by the user when the speed or power output is increased. Moreover, the swear guard will protect the covers of flywheels from getting worn out or dirty.
The handrails are made up of high density rubber to become anti resistant and prove excessive support while using the treadmill. The transportation wheels make the whole moving process easy and feasible. Hence, the machine can be put anywhere in the house without any difficulty. All you need to do is tilt and roll towards wherever you want it take it. It can support the maximum weight of 220 pounds and a little more than that. Furthermore, the running surface is non-slip to prevent any accidents or unnecessary fallouts. The running dimensions are 42 by 13 inch.
This is a lot as compared to other machines and is good for any size person. A few of the benefits of this treadmill are better blood circulations and improved balance. It is very light weighted and compact. This means the storage process is very easy even in small places. The foldable design also helps in achievable storage. It is a manual treadmill, which means there is no requirement for electrify or plugs. It can be used anywhere in the world. The soft hand grips also help in maintaining balance and preventing falls.
- Available in black color
- Corded electric for power source
- Made up of aluminum
- A large running surface area
- Foldable design
- Speed range is from 0.6 mph to 7.5 mph
- Has a 5 inch LCD display
Serene brings us another of its best treadmills under 500. This one is a much better version of the older one with a speed range of 0.6 mph to 7.5 mph. The digital LCD display clearly showcases all the activity details along with the speed, the incline, the calories burnt and the distance traveled. The present training modes make the whole process even more natural. Moreover, this best budget treadmill has a worry-free electric motorized plug in design.
It supports the Bluetooth music to amplify the workout and also connects with an application for better experience. The application keeps a record of all the exercises conducted as well. The design itself is very convenient and the whole foldable agenda makes it even easier for storage purposes.
The running surface is of approximately 15.75 by 43.30 inches, large enough for anybody to run on. The 1.5 horse power gives it an extra edge. The start and stop button can either instantly start the machine or stop it. It comes with a chest belt monitor that measures three heart rate training programs.
In conclusion, we have presented you with 5 of the best treadmills for under $500 along with a detailed guide on how to choose the perfect one in accordance to your needs. These 5 have been picked and chosen from a long list of good treadmills and hence, we can assure you, they are the best of the best. Go find the perfect one for you on amazon right now!
ARE CHEAP TREADMILLS ANY GOOD?
Cheap treadmills are okay to buy if you have a very low budget, however this is not preferable. Cheap treadmills are very disposable. They can lose their structure and stop working at any given time. Moreover, they come with very less warranties and when the problem occurs, the warranty would already have been expired.
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A TREADMILL ON A BUDGET?
We have covered this topic in detail above. However to sum it up, you need to keep a check on the HP, control panels, speed, incline and foldable designs.
WHAT IS THE BEST CHEAP TREADMILL?
It is by serene.
Which treadmill is best for home use?
A lot of best treadmills under 600 are commendable for home use including sunny life, serene etc. they are budget-friendly and yet reliable when it comes to functioning.
What is the best treadmill for beginners?
You should use the PROFORM treadmills if you are very new to the experience. They are beginner-friendly.
How long should you go on a treadmill to lose weight?
It is advised to walk 300 minutes in a week to effectively lose weight but this can vary with your weight, height or speeds/incline.
Is walking on the treadmill 30 minutes a day enough?
Yes, it is.