Last updated on November 2nd, 2022 at 10:33 am
Finding the best treadmill under 500 is not just about the price and the brand, but construction along with features that sum up all your needs and requirements. Whether you’ve been exercising all season and have the summer body of dreams, or you’ve slacked all season and are tragically out-of-shape, everyone seems to be watching out for their weight.
Weighs 18.5 kg
121 x 1.05 x 52 cm
Made of steel and plastic
110 kgs Maximum weight capacity
61 x 28.25 x 51.5 inches
25 hp DC motor
|Folding Treadmill |
100 kgs max weight capacity
52 x 24.6 x 48.8 inches
12 km/h speed
|Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill|
Weighs 103 pounds
62 x 25.5 x 50 inches
Made of steel
|Goplus Under Desk Electric Treadmill|
Weighs 55.5 pounds
5 x 23.5 x 6 inches
Alloy steel framework
|Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill|
Weighs 98 pounds
60 x 30 x 11 inches
|WalkingPad R1 Pro|
Weighs 38 kgs
1500 x 720 x 900 mm
Aluminum alloy framework
Weighs 359 pounds
5 x 39.2 x 66.6 inches
Innovative SpaceSaver Design
Weighs 142 pounds
63 x 32 x 51.2 inches
Sturdy buildup material
|ProForm 505 CST|
Weighs 203 pounds
5 x 36.5 x 61 inches
Sturdy buildup material
Things to Look Out | Best Treadmill under 500
Before making a purchase for the best treadmill under 500, make sure it is equipped with essential features that offer ultimate performance cookies and quality over time.
Size is one of the first things to consider when buying something you need to place or store indoors. Most expensive treadmills have a similar footprint, on average 77 inches long by 35 inches wide. A folding treadmill will be half its length when stored.
Not only the footprint, but you also need adequate space around the treadmill so it can be accessed freely. While making this list, we kept size in mind, making sure that you can find out the best treadmill under 500 for small spaces as well.
Keeping the importance of physical fitness in mind, it is important to get a product that exactly fits your needs. Comfort is of utmost importance. If you’re a runner, you will need a deck length that accommodates your stride. Choosing a model that appeals to you ergonomically and aesthetically can go a long way toward helping you get fit.
It’s 2021, and everyone wants everything to be high-tech. While docks for iPods, USB ports, and wireless Internet connectivity are standard features of even an expensive treadmill, being mindful of their absence or presence is important. Shortlisting the best electric treadmills with the best tech was another priority of ours while making this list.
Once again, getting a device that meets your needs is important. You aren’t Usain Bolt, and excessive speeds are not required. Most treadmills have a top speed range between 10 and 12 mph; some will go faster. Depending on how extreme or fast you’re willing to go, your choice can vary.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you need to select one at a suitable price-point. Not everyone is willing to fork out insane amounts of dollars for a treadmill and not everyone can afford it. For this guide, we’ll be focusing on the best treadmill under 500. We have also written another in-depth article on the more premium best treadmills under $1000. Don’t forget to check that out as well.
Lets have a look at Pros and Cons of the top Best Treadmill under 500
Best Affordable Treadmills Under 500
Now for the actual list. Keep in mind that these ordered in terms of quality, these are just the best treadmill under 500 that we think you should buy.
1- Weslo Cadence G 5.9i – Best Treadmill Under 500
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9i is one of the best affordable treadmills available in the market today. Intended exclusively for home use, it can meet all your needs without putting a big dent in your wallet. It also comes with some nifty technological bells and whistles, such as an LED display and an in-built heart-rate monitor.
- Space saver design. This treadmill can fold up.
- Six personal trainer workouts.
- Two-position incline.
- Comfortable cushioning
Overall, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9i Treadmill review states that it offers great value for money, making it one of the best affordable and foldable treadmills.
2. Exerpeutic TF1000 – Best Electric Treadmill
If the compact design of the first treadmill in our list doesn’t suit your needs, then not to worry, because you have a multitude of other options, such as the Exerpeutic Tf1000, which can support a weight of up to 400 pounds. This is particularly useful for those people who may have gained a lot of weight and are looking to start the journey back down.
- Electric walking treadmill with 1.5-horsepower high-torque motor
- Adjustable speed up to 4 miles per hour in 0.1 mph increments
- 20-inch-wide treadmill belt; extra-long 18-inch safety handles
- LCD display monitors time, distance, calories burned, speed, and pulse
- Supports up to 400 pounds; folding frame;
3. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 – Best Cheap Treadmill
Up next is The Sunny Health & life Fitness SF-T4400, which is a great entry-level treadmill with a low price that makes it one of the best cheap treadmills you can buy. This treadmill promises to offer all of the necessities for a proper cardio workout along with anything else that home-fitness enthusiasts might need.
- 2.20 Peak HP drive system with 15.75 x 48.82 inches running surface. 10mph max speed, max degree-of-incline: 5
- Easy folding mechanism and soft drop system to help you unfold your treadmill safely
- Handrail controls that allow you to control speed, start and stop.
- Running Surface 48.8L x 15.75W inches
- 9 Built-in workout programs; large LCD display and smartphone/tablet holder
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 is a budget treadmill that may not be the fanciest machine ever, but it checks all the boxes for what a good treadmill should be.
4. XTERRA Fitness TR150 – Best Folding Treadmill
Next, on our list of best treadmill under 500, This life Fitness Folding Treadmill Black is a fine piece of home equipment that has a high-quality motor and intuitive controls. The TR150 is a mid-to-low priced home treadmill that has all the features that a folding treadmill found in a gym would have. This includes an advanced LED, powerful motor and workout decks.
- Home treadmill with top-quality 2.25 THP (1.5 CHP) drive motor
- Intuitive console controls with adjustable speed from 0. 5 -10 MPH miles per hour
- Large 5 inch LCD display is easy to read, track your time, speed, distance, calories, and more
- Spacious 16-by-50-inch workout area with an Aerosoft cushioning system
- Folding frame for easy storage; measures Unfolded: 63.4” x 28.75” x 51.4” | Folded: 28.5” x 28.75” x 61” (W x H x D)
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 merits a place on our list due to the various features it provides at an approachable price-point, making it one of the best electric treadmills on the market. While it may have its issues, they’re mostly trivial.
5. ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill – Best Weight Capacity Treadmill
Coming up next, The ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill is designed to be an all-purpose entry-level treadmill. It also features a powerful 2.5hp motor and a weight limit of 300 pounds. It may not be the greatest machine ever for fast running, but it’s ideal for walking or jogging.
- 16 x 50 tread belt, SpaceSaver design, LCD window with priority display, racetrack display, 8 built-in workouts
- 2.0 chp mach motor, dual-grip EKG heart RATE monitor, 0-10 per cent quick incline Control, 0-10 MPH quick speed Control, tread soft cushioning
- Compatible music port for iPod
- The ProForm 300i Treadmill accommodates up to 300 lbs;
- Number of Programs: 6
The ProForm Performance 300i is the best treadmill under 500 for people who want just an active lifestyle, without investing too much. While it may not the best choice for the running area, its space-saving features add it to our list of best foldable treadmills.
6. Goplus Compact – Best Portable Treadmill
The next entry for our picks for the best treadmill under 500 is the GoPlus Folding treadmill. GoPlus is a well-known name when it comes to the mid-range sector of the market. The GoPlus Foldable Treadmill, with its great design, good core components and well thought out features, continue their legacy.
- 1 HP Impulse Max Motor & Weight Capacity
- Foldable & Adjustable Incline Design
- 3-4 Speed levels & 3 modes and 12 programs to choose from.
- LCD Display & Rubber Tread Belt
- Safety Design and Cushioning Design
Overall, the Goplus Intelligent Folding Treadmill hits all the right buttons. Some of them completely, some of them partially. This gets it a spot on our list of best treadmills under 500.
7. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7705
Up next is probably the most good-looking entry in this list. While not everyone focuses much on aesthetics when it comes to smart treadmills, it is certainly a factor that affects buyers. But looks aren’t the only department where this desk treadmill excels, it also offers some pretty neat features such as various incline options, making it the complete package.
- Compact 49L x 15.5W in running surface
- 9-built in workout programs.
- 0.5 to 9 MPH Speed levels
- PULSE RATE MONITORING
- Incline percentage: 3% 6% 12%
- Backlit LCD Display, 9 User programs, Pulse Sensors
The Sunny Health SF-T7705 is definitely a treadmill that you’d want inside your house. Not only does it help you get a nice workout, it also helps you look good while doing it.
8. Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill
The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill is the most unconventional treadmill reviewed here. It is the only treadmill that is kind of a hybrid between a desk treadmill and a cross-trainer. The arm bars provide added resistance to your exercise program so you can work out your arms as well as your legs, adding more value to your machine.
- CrossWalk Upper-Body Arms
- 2.25 HP Impulse O Motor
- 16″ x 50″ Tread Belt
- 2 Position Adjustable Incline
- Comfort Cell Cushioning
- SpaceSaver Design
- 10 MPH Digital Speed Control
- Thumb Pulse Heart Rate Monitor
The penultimate entry in our list, the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill is definitely a treadmill you should consider if you are looking for something that goes a little bit beyond a traditional fitness treadmill. The price is very desirable as well.
9. MiaGeek Fitness 2 in 1 Under Desk Folding Treadmill
Last, but again not least, the Miageek Fitness Folding Electric Treadmill rounds off this list of the best treadmill under 500 you can buy. This compact Treadmill offers a decent solution for those who need a low profile model that still has enough power behind it. In fact, it is among the most practical treadmills you can get for $500 or less.
- Solid steel construction with anti-rust coating ensures a long-lasting service life, rated load capacity up to 220 lb.
- Overloading, and overcurrent protection;
- Safety key connect you and the machine, emergency stop button on the handrail protects you while working out
- Adjustable speeds
- Compact, featuring a 16″ x 40″. running belt; easily folded to 52x27x5 inch in few seconds
Rounding off this list, the Miageek Fitness Folding Electric Treadmill is full of surprises. it is a prime example of how appearances can be deceptive and is a rock-solid treadmill with plenty of features to offer. Definitely an option to consider if you’re looking for the best affordable treadmills.
10. MaxKare Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Running Machine 2.5 HP
The MaxKare Folding Treadmill is one of the newest and cheapest treadmills on this list. The said treadmill is power-packed with advanced features. The treadmill comes with a considerably large LCD display which provides touch buttons for easier control of the treadmill even while running. The treadmill is easily foldable and has good quality wheels for easy movement. It also comes with handy side supports for steady running. Overall a great choice at such a low price.
- 2.5 HP Motor
- 16 inches Running Surface/Belt width
- 2 Position Adjustable Folding
- Comfortable Support Handles
- SpaceSaver Design
- 0.5 – 8.5 mph\1-3 degrees of manual incline
- Heart Rate Monitor
The featureful, MaxKare Folding Treadmill is definitely a treadmill you should consider if you are looking for something that goes a little bit beyond a traditional treadmill with features of expensive treadmills.
11. MaxKare Electric Folding Treadmill
The MaxKare Folding Treadmill is the most rugged and strong portable treadmill at this price bracket. The treadmill comes with an LCD panel with touch buttons to adjust the 15 preset modes for the best possible cardio session. The folding structure offers the best possible space-saving. The treadmill comes with a traditional safety feature for emergency purposes. The arm bars provide added resistance to support your stance.
- 2.5 HP Motor
- 3 Manual Adjustable Incline Settings
- 16 * 43.3 inches wide Tread Belt
- Max User Weight: 220 pounds
- SpaceSaver Design
- Quiet 0-8.5 mph Digital Speed Control
The MaxKare Folding Electric Treadmill is definitely a treadmill you should consider if you are looking for something sturdy and durable. The price is very desirable as well.
Why get a motorized treadmill anyway?
Many ‘purists’ think that treadmills inside your home make you lazier because they discourage you from going outside. However, practically speaking, that is a bit extreme. Having a treadmill in your house can turn out to be very useful. The most obvious reason for that is that it allows you to complete your work out even when you can’t go out. That depends on many factors, such as the weather and the time available.
Many people have to stay at home because they have someone to take care of at home. A compact treadmill eliminates all these problems, giving you more opportunities to get fit with less fuss. Also, check out Best Elliptical under $500 in 2021 for a better workout at home.
FAQ | Best Treadmill Under 500
So what is a Bowflex Treadmill anyway?
The Bow Flex treadmill is an electric treadmill that uses the principle of the bow flexor muscles to allow for a wide range of activities, including:
– Bow flexing for more than a minute – Walking – The treadmill runs at an incline of up to 30 feet with a 2-way inclinometer, so you can track your walking pace. – Bending – You can work your upper body, lower body or even your legs with the Bow Flex treadmill. You’re free to work as many muscles as you want.
A manual treadmill is one that doesn’t use electricity. They are often designed for home use, and they can be more affordable than an electric treadmill. Here are some reasons why you might want to consider a manual treadmill:
Conclusion | Best Treadmill Under 500
So that finishes our guide for the best mototrized treadmill you can buy for less than $500. Hopefully, we were able to help you in some way.
An honourary mention without which this guide will be incomplete. Horizon Fitness treadmills are some of the most popular pieces of exercise equipment on the market. They have a variety of different designs, so you can find one that suits your needs. Whether you want a treadmill for walking or running, Horizon fitness has that machine for you.
Stay tuned for more!