Last updated on August 4th, 2022 at 02:01 am
There is nothing more important than the safety of your family. Consider having the best trail camera for home security, they can detect any suspicious movement and then capture it. There are a lot of things to keep in mind before getting it, but the most important is that it should be a no-glow camera, so no one can find the exact location keeping you and the camera safe.
Things to Consider
- It is an inbuilt part of the cameras that picks the movement and click the image. The higher the detection range of the camera, the more security it will provide you
- The trail cameras usually have the quality from 5MP-60MP. But prefer to buy the camera with higher megapixel for quality results
- The lower the trigger speed the better the performance of the camera. It shows the ability of a camera to take pictures
- The ideal trigger speed must lie in the range of 0.3-0.5 seconds
- Consider the camera that provides additional DC power supply rather than depending on the batteries alone
- It is an important feature, so you can replay the footage easily without going in the hassle of connecting it to the computer or other devices
Top 10 Best Trail Camera for Home Security
1. Trail Shot 2020 Advanced Trail Camera
- The trail camera takes crisp images with 16 MP resolution and makes clear videos with the quality of 1080p
- The trigger distance of this camera is 65 ft long and the trigger speed is at 0.6 seconds. The detection angle of this camera is 90 degrees
- This IP66 best trail camera for the money is waterproof and dustproof
- Along with the 90-degree detection angle, the trail camera has 120-degree camera lens for wide-angle
- Easy to use
- High quality footage
- 90-degree detection angle
- Water and dustproof
- Trigger speed can be improved
This best trail camera for the money has a built-in night vision feature that automatically turns on at night time. The trigger speed of this best value trail camera is 0.6 seconds which is also considered to be its drawback because many cameras provide better speed at the same price.
This best trail camera for the money clicks high quality images of 16 MP and record videos in 1080p quality. For the wider view, this best value trail camera has a camera lens of 120 degrees and detects the objects at an angle of 90 degrees.
This camera is perfect for outdoor use because it is water and dustproof. Also, the quality is great as well.
2. Victure Trail Game Camera 16MP
- The trail camera has 20 MP camera and 1080P video display that produces clear audio videos and crisp images
- With its 3 shooting modes, the trail camera also provides automatic day/night sensors
- It has 38 no-glow LEDs to capture images in the night light also the material of the case is not affected by weather
- The best value trail camera takes 3 continuous shots and has a trigger speed of 0.3 seconds
- Fast trigger speed
- Great quality of pictures and videos
- Difficult to understand manual
This one of the top rated trail cameras is an IP66 rating camera that means it is waterproof and dustproof which makes it suitable for outdoor surveillance.
With this one of the top rated trail cameras, you can also rely on the camera result because it has the picture resolution of 20 MP AND video resolution of 1080p. But with such high quality results, you will not be able to save much in the 32 GB SD card.
Furthermore, this one of the top rated trail cameras includes 8 AA batteries with a 6 V DC power supply. The trigger speed of this best trail camera for the price is 0.3 seconds which makes it a great product to capture good quality resolution of moving objects. The con that you have to face with this is that you might face issues in installation because the manual is quite difficult to understand.
This is quite a decent trail camera as compared to the previous ones I have used. I am happy with the results.
3. Apeman Trail Camera 20MP
- The best trail camera for the price has easy controls and made using high quality casing
- It takes the pictures at 20 MP resolution and records video with the quality 1080p
- To record every fast and slow movement, the trail camera has a very fast trigger and recovery time
- The flash range on this camera is 65 feet
- This IP66 approved camera also gives you the option of time-lapse and has 2” color LCD screen
- 65 feet flash range
- High resolution
- Easy to use
- IP66 approved
- Sensitive sensors
If you are looking for a trail camera that is budget-friendly and is made using high quality materials then this is the option to consider. The best trail camera for the price comes with the detection range of 120 degrees that provides you wide-angle footage.
With its fast trigger and recovery time, this one of the trail cameras for security capture the pictures with the resolution of 20 MP and record the videos at the quality of 1080p.
For clicking better pictures, this one of the trail cameras for security includes 32 built-in LED lights and runs on 8AA batteries that can last you for 6 months at the standby mode. The drawback of this camera is that it may capture some unnecessary footage because of the sensitivity of sensor in the cameras.
This solid product has quite a user-friendly manual. And the performance was exactly how it was portrayed during the advertisement.
4. Campark Trail Game Camera 14MP
- This trail camera for home security has an extremely fast trigging speed at just 0.3 sec and the trigger distance is around 20 m
- It comes with 3 passive infrared sensors that quickly detects the movement with the detecting range
- It has built-in 42 infrared LED’s and the 850nm infrared technology gives clear vision for night
- The picture and video quality of this trail camera is 16 MP camera and 1080P video quality
- This waterproof device covers 120-degree detecting angle providing you a wide-angle
- Fast trigger and recovery speed
- Subtle design
- Clear quality images and video
- At temperature below 20 degrees Fahrenheit the performance is questionable
This camouflage design trail camera can be installed and placed near plants and no one will be able to detect it. Its durable plastic allows it to fight against the bad environment, so you don’t have to worry if it is placed in direct sunlight or rain.
This one of the trail cameras for security has 8 AA batteries and 6V DC power supply, also the 3 infrared sensors prolong the battery life of the camera.
The 42 pc LED’s in the trail camera for home security provides a clear vision for the night time security. The detection range of this trail camera is great it can detect any movements from a far distance as well. But its performance gets questionable when the temperature drops down to 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
This product has worked exactly the way it was advertised. I am very happy with the performance.
5. Wildgame Innovations Terra 12 MP
- This high definition trail camera takes a picture at 12 MP and also produces quality videos
- It comes with 21 high intensity LED lights so you can easily capture clear images
- With the detection range of 65 feet, it has a trigger speed of less than 1 second
- The high quality exterior is water-resistant and also protects the camera from a bad environment
- Quick trigger speed
- Decent detection range
- Great quality of video and pictures
- The sensors are not too sensitive
- No extra power supply beside the batteries
This waterproof trail camera for home security is made using high quality materials. The color and design are kept in such a way that you can easily hide it.
It runs on the 8AA batteries, but unfortunately, it does not come with the extra power supply to prolong the battery life.
With its 21 LEDs, it illuminates the pictures taken. The best trail camera for security is 12 MP which also saves a lot of space on the SD card and also produces high quality video. The detection range of this trail camera is 65 feet which is a great number and can detect the movements from long distances.
This is a good option if you don’t want to spend a great amount of money, but be aware that the option for video does not work properly.
6. Wosports Trail Camera 12MP
- This one of the small trail cameras has 2” LCD to view the footage it captures. The quality of the images in 12 MP and for videos it is 1080p
- It has a detection range of 65 feet and 42 infrared lights to provide better vision at night time
- The trigger speed of this camera is 0.3 seconds
- The IP54 feature protects the camera from dust and water
- As an addition, this camera also provides you the password protection to secure the footage
- 3 trigger speed
- 42 built-in lights
- Water and dustproof
- Password protection
- Sensitive sensors
The best trail camera to use for surveillance is very durable and strong. It has a 2” LCD screen to replay and check the recorded footage. The pictures are clicked with the resolution of 12 MP and video is recorded in 1080p quality.
For the night time vision, it has 42 LED lights, and to provide the security the detection range is 65 ft long. The dust and the waterproof best trail camera to use for surveillance also includes the password protection feature that protects the recorded footage from going into foul hands.
The con with this sensor is that it sometimes captures the images that are not useful because of the sensitivity of the camera.
For the price, I am highly impressed. I only used it in the day time and the performance is great.
7. Moultrie A5 Low Glow Game Camera
- This is a low glow infrared camera with 5-megapixel resolution
- The deer hunting camera has a flash range of 50 feet for night time
- It also includes 850nm long-range IR LED’s and also displays the exact time of when the footage was taken
- This trail camera comes with the picture delay of 10sec, 30sec, 1 minute and 5 minutes
- Low glow infrared camera
- 50 feet flash range
- Long-range IR LED’s
- Display time
- Low-quality images
This motion activated trail camera provides you the picture resolution of 5 megapixel which isn’t a lot, so with this, you will not be able to get clear and crisp images. But on a positive side, to increase the night time security it has a flash range of 50 feet.
Another feature that makes motion activated trail camera a good product is that it includes the exact time when the footage was shot, that makes it easier on the homeowner.
This camera may not have a great resolution but it works quite decently and also the installation was easy as well.
8. Bushnell 16MP Trophy Cam
- This trail camera works with 8 AA batteries and accepts the SD card of up to 32 GB
- It has a picture resolution of 16 MP and comes with the trigger speed of 0.3 seconds
- The video quality of the camera is 720p and it records the videos up to 30 seconds long
- The detection range of this trail camera is 100 feet and also includes night vision low glow LED light
- It has a hyper image recovery of 1 second which means it can take a lot of pictures that assists in gathering more information
- It comes with data stamp that includes temperature, date, time and GPS location of each image
- 100 feet detection range
- Hyper image recovery
- High quality resolution
- Data stamp
- Sensitive sensors
This affordable trail camera is very strong and durable. You can easily capture the images with its 0.3-second trigger speed and detection range of 100 feet.
The picture quality of this motion activated trail camera is 16 MP and video quality of 720P. For crisp images, in the night time it has built-in low glow LEDs.
The passive infrared sensor also allows for data stamps, which means all the captured images and video will have an exact time, date, and also the GPS location. The only issue with this camera is that the sensors are too sensitive even if the leaf is falling off the tree it will also start capturing that.
This camera takes clear pictures but it does not work with the rechargeable batteries which is a great drawback for me.
9. Stealth Cam P18 7 MP Scouting Camera
- This one of the small trail cameras provides you the photo resolution of 7 megapixels with 60’ flash range
- It has 8 AA batteries and also 12V power port so the battery of the camera never runs out
- This trail camera has a picture and video trigger of 5-59 seconds and also includes18 IR LED’s to capture night time vision
- It comes with the detection range of 50 feet
- Option for burst shot
- Low-quality results
- It has a slow trigger and recovery time
The stealth cameras reviews shows it has a compact design with a strong plastic case. You also don’t have to worry if it is going to get damaged in the rainy season because it comes with the waterproof materials.
The quality of the pictures and videos isn’t exactly HD, but you can see the face of the person that might be entering the house forcefully. The trail camera also comes with 18 IR LED’s so you can easily capture the footage in the night time.
The con according to the stealth cameras reviews is that it generates poor quality results and the trigger and recovery time is pretty slow.
Stealth Cameras Reviews
I bought this camera a few weeks ago. The quality is ok, but it generates a clear picture. The only flaw I found for this camera is that it was difficult to install.
10. Browning Strike Force Sub Micro 10MP
- With the measurement of 4.5 x 2.5 x 3.2 inches, this trail camera weighs only 1 pound
- It comes with the trigger speed of 0.67 seconds and also includes time-lapse viewer software
- Its detection range is quite long and flash ranges go as far as 100 feet
- The picture resolution of this deer hunting camera is 10 MP and records high quality videos of 5 seconds to 2 minutes in length
- Fast trigger speed
- 6 AA batteries
- High quality resolution
- Crisp and clear pictures
This lightweight trail camera weighs only 1 pound and has a very compact design. This one also runs on 6AA batteries that last for very long.
The best trail camera for security has a picture resolution of 10 MP and also provides you the built-in software for recording time-lapses. It comes with a wide detection range to keeps you safe and the flash range covers the area of 100 feet.
Along with the great features, the con with this camera is that it is expensive. You can get similar features in other cameras that are much lower in price.
These are the top 10 picks for best trail camera for home security. This article has covered a detailed guide to assist you in the decision. For further information, you can consider checking the following most asked questions.
1. what is the best trail camera for home security?
Trail Shot 2020 Advanced Trail Camera is considered to be the best trail camera for home security.
2. Can trail cameras be used for home security?
As the trail cameras are great at capturing the movement from far distances, they can prove to be very useful for home security.
3. What is the best trail camera for your money?
All the cameras mentioned in the article are affordable but the top suggestions are: Trail Shot 2020 Advanced Trail Camera and Victure Trail Game Camera 16MP.
4. What is the difference between a game camera and a trail camera?
There is no difference in both cameras they are the same. They are used to capture the object with a detection range of 50-100 feet.
5. How does a trail camera work at night?
Many of the trail cameras have built-in infrared lights that provide the right amount of light for the exposure. This light can be either red or white.
6. What is the best no glow trail camera?
Stealth Cam P18 7 MP Scouting Camera is the best no glow trail camera because it illuminates the light without being visible to the object that is being shot.
7. how to hide trail camera from humans?
Hiding a trail camera for security can be a tricky task. There are many methods by which you can successfully hide the trail cameras, some of them are:
- Place them at height
- Use camouflage casing
- Place it in between mountain brackets
- Build a box
- It should be no glow camera etc.
These are all the tricks for hiding a trail camera for security.