Last updated on March 18th, 2022 at 01:32 pm
Are you fond of gardening? Do you want a reasonable gardening tool to break your hard soil? Whether you want to plant a beautiful garden or maintain your lawn, having a tiller is beneficial for you. We have the perfect buying guide and reviews of the best rear tine tiller under $1000 for you. Selecting the best rear tine tiller will save your precious time.
Reviews of 7 Best Rear Tine Tiller Under $1000
1. Champion 19-inch Dual Rotating Best Rear Tine Tiller under $1000
- Product dimensions: 58.7” x 20.9” x 22”
- Weight: 160.9 pounds
- Engine: 212cc
- Tilling width: 19 in
- Tilling depth: 8 in
- Tine direction: Dual rotating tines
This top-rated rototiller has dual rotating tines. It can rapidly change from forward to reverse direction. It has gear-driven transmission of cast iron that is enclosed in a heavy-duty cast iron cover. You can even use it for the bumpy ground with 13-inch self-driven agricultural tires. Moreover, you can handle the hardest soil with four heavy-duty 13.8-inch hardened steel lines. It has a system of low oil shut off sensor. This best rear tine tiller for rock soil includes a 2-year 2.warranty and lifetime support.
2. EARTHQUAKE 37037 Dual Direction Best Rear Tine Rototiller
- Product dimensions: 45.5” x 21.6” x 21”
- Weight: 135 pounds
- Tine direction: Dual rotation
This dual rear tine tiller provides the best balance due to its lower and wider body. It moves backward instantly with a quick pull of the handle. You can simply shift the mode of direction on the locator plate by sliding the shift handle. It has dual grip handlebars and airless wheels. The wheels are wider enough to dig and move a larger amount of soil. This product has a lightweight engine and it is less noisy. The transmission is efficient enough to provide benefits like larger tillers. You can enjoy a smooth and balanced gardening experience.
3. Craftsman 12-in 4-cycle Gas Powered Tine Tiller
- Product dimensions: 32.81” x 18” x 18.5”
- Weight: 37.7 pounds
- Engine Power: 30cc
- Tilling width: 12 in
- Tilling depth: 6 in
The Craftsman tine tiller is versatile and less noisy. It can be easily stored and transported as it is lightweight. It has an integrated grab bar and foldable plow handle. You can adjust the tilling depth according to your needs. You can easily start it with just 2 steps and does not need any mixing of gas and oil. The high quality of six 8-point steel cultivating tines allows the best preparation of soil. It is best for tilling around shrubs, flower beds, and vegetable gardens.
4. EARTHQUAKE 33970 Victory Commercial Rear Tine Tiller
- Product dimensions: 53.3” x 22.92” x 47.53”
- Weight: 162.7 pounds
- Engine power: 212cc
- Tilling width: 16 in
- Tilling depth: 10 in
This best tiller on the market has a compact frame that is convenient to handle. It can break through the soil that has never been tilled before due to counter-rotating tines. You can simply reverse it and change the direction even in tight spaces. It is flexible to use both for cutting the new ground and maintaining existing ones. The handlebars are looped and have 3 height adjustments. It has a stable rotating capability at the end of garden rows. This real-time rototiller permits fluid navigation in narrow growing spaces. You can use it for a longer time due to its heavy-duty built tines and bronze gear drive transmission.
5. Southland SRTT196E Rear Tine Tiller 4-cycle Engine
- Product dimensions: 44” x 128” x 18”
- Weight: 176 pounds
- Engine power: 196cc
- Tilling width: 18 in
- Tilling depth: 10 in
This rear tine has self-sharpening tines, forward and reverse gear drive system. You can easily move over rough ground using heavy-duty 13 in pneumatic tires. It is featured with foldable grip handles and manual recoil easy start-up. The depth can be easily adjusted using the depth regulator lever. It has counter-rotating tines that break through the soil faster. You can either maintain an existing garden or create a new one using this product.
6. YARDMAX Dual Rotating Rear Tine Tiller
- Weight: 238.1 pounds
- Engine power: 208 cc
- Tine rotation: Dual rotating
- Tine RPM: 190 RPM
- Tilling width: 18 in
- Tilling depth: 6.5 in
The YARDMAX has 7 depth adjustments. The powerful engine delivers 9.50 ft-lb gross torque. It can till any kind of soil with 13 in self-sharpening tines. You can easily stand and control from any side of the tiller using the single-hand operation feature. It has a self-propelled drive system that has one forward and one reverse gear. This product features a front counter-weight on 13 in self-pneumatic tires for better handling. The drag bars are adjustable that provides ideal balance in all conditions. The adjustable side and notched rear shields improve safety and performance.
7. Mantis 7566 16-inch Deluxe XP 4-cycle Tiller
- Product dimensions: 48” x 18” x 38”
- Weight: 34 pounds
- Engine power: 35cc
- Tilling width: 16in
- Tilling depth: 10in
This tiller has a powerful 4-cycle engine that powers the tines two times quicker than other tillers. Whether you want to create a new garden or maintain the existing one, it saves your time. It has comfortable grips and handles of adjustable height. This product is durable due to the steel-cut gear system enclosed in a heavy-duty cast. You can also overturn the tines for shallow tilling of 2 to 3 inches. It can be used for large gardens, school gardens, hardscaping projects, and food plots.
How to select the best rear tine tiller under $1000? – Buying Guide
The Engine Power
- The best rear tillers are the ones having a powerful engine. The rear tine tiller that has a high-quality engine last longer than having faulty engines.
- The most common types of engines are 2-stroke and 4-stroke. 2-stroke engines are powerful enough. But they are less fuel-efficient and make more noise than 4-stroke engines.
- Whereas, 4-stroke engines are more fuel-efficient. They are powerful as well and make less noise. The high quality and best rear tillers use a 4-stroke engine as it is more energy-efficient.
The tilling depth
- This factor is important enough to consider for saving your time. For a larger garden and harder ground, you need a rear tine tiller of greater depth.
- You can get the best tillers on the market that have adjustable depths. The rear tine tillers that are 10 in deep are perfect to purchase.
The tilling width
- Again, the selection of the width of the rear tiller depends on the area of your garden. For wider and regular areas, you need greater tilling width to cut more in every move. The lesser tilling width is suitable for small and irregular gardens.
- But it is not easy to handle the rear tine tillers of greater width. So, you must balance width with the ease of handling.
- The tilling width of nearly 20” is good for larger areas and nearly 10” is good for smaller ones.
The Quality of tires
- To select the best rear tine garden tiller, the quality of tires is a significant factor.
- The tires should be strong and durable enough to have the best gardening experience. You will easily handle the machine selecting the right tires.
- Make sure to choose the best rear tine garden tiller having tires that work for any type of soil. The tires of at least 13” are good to go.
The rotation of tines
- The rear tine tillers either rotate in a forward direction or counter direction. But you can also get dual rotating tines that can rotate in both directions.
- The forward rotating tines are suitable for loose soils. Whereas, the counter-rotating tines are perfect for hard and compact ground. They are more efficient and the best rear tine rototiller.
- If you want to use it for both types of soils, you can go for dual rotating tines. However, they are costly.
- The rear tine tiller has either adjustable or fixed handles. Prefer to choose adjustable handlebars. They are more flexible than fixed ones and comfortable to use.
The Counter-weight Feature
- Safety is an important factor to consider before buying any machine or equipment.
- The best rear tine tillers are the ones having a counter-weight feature. It helps to maintain the balance of the machine while using.
Best rear tine tillers under $1000 are mentioned here with their features, pros, and cons. Now, you can compare them and choose the best one that suits your requirements. For harsh soils, choosing the right rear tillers have a significant influence. We have a complete buying guide for your ease. What are you waiting for? Have the next level of gardening experience! Create a beautiful garden cutting your hardest ground with the best rear tine tiller.
For further details visit rear tine tillers buyer’s guide.
What is the best rated rear tine tiller?
Champion 19-inch rear tine tiller is the best-rated tiller. This product is flexible as it has both forward and counter-rotation tines. You can handle the hardest soil type with less effort. It features self-propelling agricultural tires that perform more in lesser time. It is an ideal tool for gardeners for long term operation. You will also get a system of low oil shut off.
Are rear tine tiller better?
Rear tine tillers are best for professional greenskeepers or gardeners. They are more powerful and can break hard and rocky soil with less effort. They are easier to control for creating straight lines. Such tillers are good for open and large areas. You can choose according to your side of the land and the type of soil.
How deep can a rear tine tiller dig?
A rear tine tiller can dig up to 10 inches. The tilling depth should be 6 to 10 inches for creating larger gardens and harder ground. For existing gardens, a tilling depth of 4 to 6 inches is enough. For the preparation of the lawn, you can dig up to 6 inches.
How much does it cost to rent a rear tine tiller?
Sunbelt rentals company charges %33 for larger tine tillers and $22 for smaller ones. To rent for the whole day, you may need to pay $56. The charges differ for one week or four weeks duration. The rear tine tillers home depot offers same charges for rent. The Pasco rentals charge charges $50 for a minimum of 2 hours. Each additional hour costs $15.
Can you plant immediately after tilling?
The soil can compact due to excessive tilling and result in an imperfect garden. So, you should not plant right after tilling. Leave it for one or two days so that the organic materials decompose. It also depends on soil conditions. If you tilled the wet soil, you need to wait for it to dry for a few days.
Which is better front or rear tiller?
Front tine tillers are good for small to medium-sized gardens. They are lighter in weight and more economical. But these tine tillers cannot break through compact and Rocky ground perfectly. While rear tine tillers are more powerful. They can effortlessly break virgin soil. It depends on your requirement whether you have a small or large area to till.
Can I use a tiller to level my yard?
Tillers are good to go for leveling a yard. You need to move the tiller from higher to lower level to break up the soil. They work effectively to prepare the soil for plantation.