Last updated on August 4th, 2022 at 01:13 am
If you want to make sure that your home and your family stays safe, you need to make the entryways into your home properly secured. To make your house safe from intruders, you must consider some best deadbolt locks for home. In this article, read about some best deadbolt locks for home and the proper buying guide to ensure you get what you want.
What to consider before buying best deadbolt locks for home
Types of door locks
There are many different types of door lock. You must know about them all in order to make your final choice.
- Single cylindrical locks: A single cylindrical lock is the simple door lock that you can lock or unlock with a key from outside and with a thumb knob from the inside. New models also include keypads that can be used to unlock the door while entering. These keypads can be an easier way for you if you don’t like to fumble in your purse or pockets to look for the key.
- Double cylindrical lock: Like the above mentioned type, these door locks unlock from the outside with a key, but on the interior part, there is no thumb knob, and a key is used to lock or unlock from inside too. These door locks are hard to break for intruders as the absence of thumb knob makes it impossible for intruders to break these type of door locks. But in case of an emergency exit, such as in case of a fire hazard, it can be difficult for the extinguisher team to break these locks.
- Smart locks: These are the more secure and advanced door locks, these smart locks use your home wifi to communicate with your phone and continuously send information to your phone if someone has entered the home. These smart locks can be operated with voice control or finger print recognition. These smart locks also feature motion activated cameras to inform you of any visitors that come to your doorsteps.
Quality of the lock
American National Standard Institute issues 3 door lock rating based on the durability and security of these locks. These ratings are referred to as; Grade 1, Grade 2, and Grade 3.
Grade 1: Grade 1 is the highest lock rating. They were originally made for securing industrial buildings, yet nowadays, more lock manufacturers are making these locks for residential buildings too.
Grade 2: most locks normally found on residential buildings are Grade 2 locks. The hard to break design and high quality steel construction deter any attempt of forced entry.
Grade 3: these are more substantial locks. Even though they can provide a certain protection, they are not most resistant to any attempt at house breaking.
Installation is pretty easy work for dead bolt locks, yet you need to ensure that the lock you are going to purchase will fir the standard hole made in the door of your home.
Some door locks come with 3 inch screws that are used in installing the lock, but if the screws that come with your dead bolt lock are shorter, be sure to purchase 3-inch screws to use in place of the short ones. The long screws make your home safer and difficult for intruders to kick the door open.
If you have read our buying guide, you will know the basic features to look out for when purchasing a dead bolt lock. Let’s read our carefully constructed review on 8 best dead bolt locks in the market now!
Top 8 Best Deadbolt Locks For Home
1. Schlage Z-Wave Deadbolt, best door lock with Built-in Alarm
- Touch screen
- No hassle of fumbling for a key
- Long lasting use due to high quality
- High quality anti-theft protection
- Easy access to log of activity
- Connects to your home wi-fi
- Connectivity to different apps
- Saves up to 30 codes to control access
- Built-in alarm
- Battery operated
- Reacts poorly to humidity and cold weather
- ANSI Grade 1
- Built in alarm
- Works with Alexa
If you are looking for high security door locks, you’ll be glad to know that this best electronic door lock is perfect for you. With its touch screen system and its keyless function, this door lock provides non-wear feature too. The finger print resistant screen in the SCHLAGE door lock makes it resistant to wear patterns.
According to the electronic deadbolt reviews, this door lock feature Z-wave tech that makes it able to connect to smart home systems such as Smart things and WINK.
This door lock can also connect to Alexa through Wi-Fi and provide you with easy ability to lock or unlock your home anytime. The software also provides you with a log of activity, and many other features such as saving 30 unique lock codes so that you can easily control access.
The product works very well just as advertised. It is a very high quality product but you need to be sure to get the installation by a professional to avoid any problems later on.
2. Kwikset Juno Single Cylinder Entry Deadbolt door lock: best deadbolt locks for home
- Easy to lock and unlock
- Smart key entry makes it more secure
- Long screws keep the lock in place
- Door knob has universal installation
- Lifetime warranty
- Protect against advanced break-in attempts
- Microban protection keeps the door lock clean
- Doesn’t fit the metal doors, yet brand claims universal installation
- ANSI Grade 1
- Resists lock bumping
- Smart key security system
The highest grade security rating of this front door lock gives you peace of mind that you and your family are safe and sound. The Kwikset Juno is the best door lock brand as these most secure door locks are available in multiple finishes, including bronze, satin nickel, and antique and polished brass so that you can match them with the existing hardware of your home.
The Kwikset smart key system in these best locks for home allow you to rekey the door lock any time easily. This feature helps you if you have a habit of missing your key often or if you use one key for all the locks in your home.
These best entry door locks also feature lock bump resisting mechanism and extra-long and sturdy kick plate screws which allows the user peace of mind that no intruder can kick the door in. one of the reason the Kwikset locks are so popular is because these are very easy to install.
They have a very nice set of door handles. It was very easy to install.
3. Addalock- School Lockdown Lock; Best Portable Door Lock
- Instant lock any room
- Fits any type of door
- Perfect for travelers
- Can be taken anywhere in a bag or pocket
- Strong strike plate
- Doesn’t allow access to outsiders
- No key required
- Doesn’t fulfil ANSI grading policy
- Is not reliable, as is not permanent
- Quick installation
- Key less door lock
- Provides quick security
This portable dead bolt door lock is the perfect option to give any door an instant lock. It is a small, and slim device that you can take anywhere in your bag and pocket and make any lock less door locked within quick manner of minutes. This door lock can fit on any type of door.
Many strike plate locks reviews claim that this portable lock has the best steel strike plate. The lock features a lockless function, and is installed from inside the room so your door will be locked from inside with no access from outside. If you are a traveler or a person who wants to ensure safety of rest rooms or hotel rooms, this door lock is perfect choice.
I feel very safe with this lock. It works very well. It is also very easy to install. I put it on the inside of my door when I am at home, as it fits nicely on my door, and I take it off while going out. It is very convenient.
4. Schlage Camelot Keypad Flex-Lock, Satin Nickel ; best keyless door lock
- Push button keypad lets you save unique code
- Thumb turn interior lock system for max. security
- Simple installation
- Anti-auto-lock flex lock
- Battery is on the inside which isn’t effected by weather or humidity
- Doesn’t include a dead bolt
- Battery life can become short
- SATIN NICKEL DOOR LOCK
- Easy keyless entry
- Fit any type of door
These are the best rated door locks according to Amazon’s keyless door lock reviews. If you want too get rid of the hassle of misplacing and have to search for your key often, you should consider buy this SCHLOG CAMELOOT keypad flex lock.
The outdoor handle in this door lock is paired with a push button key board that allows easy programming of unique entry codes. The interior handle has thumb turn that makes unlocking easy from inside of the house.
These best electronic door locks has easy installation and the flex lock is very effective. The anti-lock protection of this flex lock prevents the door from locking on its own. So if you go to the garage to pick the groceries, or just going out to do some work in your yard, this door won’t be easily locked.
The installation was easy as the box had clear instructions on how to install. This lock works very well, just the way I want, which is why I like it so much. The door remains locked if you don’t use the code and if you leave the house without locking, the lock will turn itself off. Love it! I will order again for my other doors.
5. Kwikset Single Cylinder Handle set with Smart Key Security; best for front door
- Elegant and stylish handle
- Easy to lock and unlock with a smart key
- Simple interior locking with a door knob
- Easy installation
- Offer certain peace of mind
- Not highest security rating, but still good for homes
- Traditional interior cove knob
- Keyed entry
- ANSI Grade 3
These traditional door locks are considered to be the best exterior door locks. The elegant and stylish design, with an arched handle, a keyed entry and simple interior door knob with a thumb turn deadbolt make these best front door locks.
The keyed entry system makes it more secure and even if it only provides ANSI grade 1, still it is perfect for any residential building or home.
I replaced my original door lock with this one. It was easy to install and I was able to quickly re-key it. It works fine.
6. Kwikset 99070-101 Powerbolt best door lock with keypad
- 6 button key pad
- Can be programmed to 6 unique lock codes
- Don’t need to connect to a smart app
- Easy one touch lock
- Battery powered, batteries tend to run for a long time
- Auto lock feature is not much reliable
- Save 6 unique codes
- Battery powered
- ANSI grade 3
This keyless entry door lock provides you with easy entry with 6 buttons and 6 unique codes so that only you and your family can open it. The one touch lock system makes it easy to lock the door while leaving the house.
The kwikset powerbolt 2 door locks are not smart lock which means that they do not connect to any smart app but they are still best door locks for home security.
it comes with a smart key option and is very easy to install. I had a difficult in understanding the key functions but it is easy to get the hang of it. it works fine.
7. Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt; best smart door lock
- Smartest door lock
- Connects with your home WiFi
- Connects with smart app
- Pairs with door knob of your choice easily
- Easy access to log activity
- Frequent push notifications
- Virtual remote unlocking
- You might need to make a bigger hole in the door to install this lock.
- ANSI grade 1
- Connects with amazon alexa and google home
- Saves 100 unique codes
Among the best house locks to buy, the SCHLAGE makes some best top rated door locks. This smart dead bolt is the smartest lock in the market. It can connect easily with your home wifi and can be paired up with the smart apps such as alexa and google home.
You can easily lock or unlock your door remotely through the smart apps. You can also get log activity through the smart apps and get push notifications whenever needed.
It is a very superior door lock, unlike other wifi door locks. It offers many optional features such as built in alarm for forced entry, codes for other users, 1 touch locking, adjustable timed auto lock and keypress beep. It also indicated battery life through red life and when battery runs low, the light changes to a deep red.
8. Amazon Basics Exterior Knob With Lock and Deadbolt; best budget door lock
- Available in 5 different finishing looks
- Matching door knob and lock for front and back part of door
- Provides keyed entry
- Traditional simple lock
- Classy look
- Easily affordable
- Lacks ANSI rating
- Easy to install
- Simple 2 set door lock
This simple door lock is the proof that you don’t need to go over budget to get the best essential features of a door lock. It comes with two sets of door locks and handles so that you can install matching door lock and knob on both interior and exterior side of your door.
Available in five different finishes and with a very classy look, this door lock is quite easy to install.
Installed yesterday. They don’t have all the hardware necessary to install the locks, but it was still very easy to install. The lock is of higher quality than I expected. The locks, all of them, work with the same single key. The color of the door knob is very fine and matches the interior of the home. If you want affordable and high quality door lock, this is the perfect choice.
Door locks are a very important part of any house. They protect your homes against any unwanted entry and keep your home, you and your family safe. You can sleep peacefully at night if you have the peace of mind that your door lock is theft and break free.
Whether you want a deadbolt door lock for the main door of your house or a more advanced keyless door lock for any door in your home, we have got you covered.
We have reviewed many different type of door locks in the market and have selected for you, best and top rated products of every type, whether it be classical dead bolt, computerized touch screen door lock or a portable keyless door lock, we have information on every type of door locks.
Now that you have reviewed these products, the only thing that remains is that you make your final choice. Choose any of the door lock according to your preferences and needs, and enjoy a secure feeling in your home.
Which locks are most secure?
ANSI grade 1 locks are considered to be the most secure. Among the single cylindrical, double cylindrical and smart locks, it is your preference as to which lock you want to buy according to your residential area.
What kind of door lock is most secure?
If you want to make it ultimately sure that your house or office remain intruder free and most secure, you should go for a ANSI grade 1 door locks.
What is the best deadbolt lock to buy?
Kwikset Juno Single Cylinder Entry Deadbolt door locks are the best entry dead bolt locks for any home or office or any building in general.
What is the best door lock brand?
Schlage and Kwikset are the top brands that make best and most secure door locks.