Last updated on August 4th, 2022 at 12:48 pm
When you work on a job you need to do at a workshop or your house, the tools that you choose give shape to the work you do. If you use the right tools, then your work becomes easier and you can finish it in a shorter time. Multi-tools are one of the types of tools that should be considered to do your work practically.
Sanding, sawing, and cutting can be done by using only one tool when you have a multi-tool. If we consider a cordless tool then, the tool that we examine also becomes portable. However, choosing among the different multi-tool options can be difficult when you first take a look at.
In order to make this choice easier for you and find the best cordless multi tool for your job, the top 6 best cordless multi-tools are listed, compared, and viewed in detail in this article. Also, you can view oscillating tool reviews from customers who experienced using them and have a deeper opinion.
Things to Consider Before Buying
The oscillating multi tool uses help to do the house’s works easily with one machine. However, it is sometimes complicated to choose between different multi-tool products since they may offer different features. By considering a few main points before buying, you can choose the best cordless oscillating tool for you.
Before deciding on the best cordless multi tool for you, there are a few key points that you should consider to choose the product with the right features for you. These features are mainly power type, power rating, oscillation speed, additional features that come with a tool and warranty of a product.
Although the only mentioned power type is battery power (cordless) in this article, it is important to be aware of the power type of the product that you aim to buy. Sometimes this detail can go unnoticed since the only visual difference between these two types are a cable in the picture of the product which you may not notice.
These two power types provide similar performances but the cordless ones can be more portable and give you a chance to easily move while doing your work.
The power rating of an oscillating multi tool is generally given as 12, 18, or 20 volts. The higher a rate of the power is, the more powerful will be the product. You can do harder works with powerful tools. Therefore, the ones with higher rates will get you more advantages.
The oscillation speed of the tools can also be checked before buying. It gives you the number of times that the tool head oscillates per minute. Usually, it is written as 20000 or 22000 oscillations per minute.
Another thing that should be considered before buying a multi-tool is additional features that come with the product. Sometimes even a battery may not come with the product. Therefore, it is essential to be aware of what you buy in one package to be prepared for the necessary materials.
Some products may have more than the essential needs and have additional features such as sanding head etc. As a result, it is important to check the additional features that will come with the product.
Warranty is another important factor that should be checked before buying the product. To have a guarantee to the money you pay for, the more the warranty duration of a product is, the better it is for you.
Also, the top rated multi tool products are listed below in a comparison table where you can view the differences among the top rated ones.
Our 6 Best Cordless Multi Tool
1. DEWALT DCS355D1 20V MAX XR Oscillating Tool Kit
– Price: $219.00
– Item Weight: 7 pounds
– Product Dimension: 17.25 x 5.13 x 9.75 inches
– Voltage: 20 volts
– Quick Change accessory system
– 28 Piece DEWALT accessory kit with storage box includes popular cutting and sanding attachments
– Contractor bag, 2.0 Ah battery, and charger included
– 3 year limited manufacturer warranty
Dewalt cordless oscillating tool kit that includes 28 pieces.
This product is the best cordless oscillating tool which is easy to use and goes for a long time. Oscillating multi tool uses with a quick change, highly recommended.
2. Makita XMT03Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Multi-Tool
– Price: $119.00
– Item Weight: 4 pounds
– Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 12.2 x 4.9 inches
– 18V LXT Lithium Ion battery provides up to 20 minutes of continuous run time
– Variable speed control dial
– 3.2 Degree oscillation angle
– Large on/off slide switch with lock on button
– Voltage: 18 volts
– Tool Only (battery and charger not included)
– 3-Year Limited Warranty
An 18V cordless oscillating multi tool that has a large on/off slide switch with lock on button.
This product has a great battery life and works great with variable speed.
3. Milwaukee 2626-20 M18 18V Cordless Orbiting Multi Tool
– Price: $124.89
– Item Weight: 3.07 pounds
– Product Dimensions: 3.3 x 5.2 x 12.8 inches
– Voltage: 18 volts
– 12 Speed Settings
– The all-metal gear case
– A rubberized mold covering the handle
– Led lighting
– Redlink Technology: when the batteries know the tool is close to overheating, they’ll ease the amount of power they give out
– Length 11-7/8 inches
– 5-year tool warranty
A Milwaukee 18v multi tool with Redlink Technology.
This Milwaukee oscillating tool has variable speed adjustment and a battery that lasts long. It is a multi-power tool that can be used every day easily.
4. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Oscillating Tool
– Price: $69.98
– Voltage: 20 volts
– 2 Finger Tool-Free System
– LED work light
– 11 Accessories Included; Part of the 20V Max System
– Item Weight: 0.16 ounces
– Product Dimensions: 11 x 3.8 x 10.25 inches
– 3-year limited warranty
A 20V porter cable pcc710b with 11-piece accessories.
It is a lightweight cordless oscillating multi tool that can be used for different works easily. However, the product does not come with a battery. It is highly recommended especially for small jobs.
5. Milwaukee 2426-20 M12 12 Volt Cordless Multi Tool
– Price: $71.93
– Voltage: 12V
– Variable Speed: 12
– Settings; OPM: 5,000 – 20,000;
– Universal Adaptor
– 12 Speed Settings
– An included sanding head with sanding pads
– The multi-purpose head can slice into tight spaces to clear grout or trim
– Fuel Gauge
– Application Versatility: Cuts, Grinds, Sands and Scrapes
– Compatible: M12 LITHIUM-ION System with over 25 cordless tools
– Accessory Adaptor (Included)
– All Metal gear case
– Variable Speed Dial
– Charge Time: 30 Min
– Length: 10-1/4-Inch
– Tool Weight: 1.63 lbs.
– Includes: 2426 M12 Multi-Tool- Bare Tool Only, Adapter, Wood Cutting Blade, Sanding Pad, (5) Assorted Sanding Sheets
– 5 Years Warranty
A 12V electric multi tool that includes sanding head with sanding pads and a universal adaptor.
This multi power tool works very well especially while getting into tight spaces and has plenty of power.
6. WORKPRO 20V Oscillating Multi-Tool 19-Piece Kit
– Price: $59.99
– Item Weight: 5.04 pounds
– Product Dimensions: 14 x 6 x 5 inches
– Multipurpose and Flexible in applications
– Material for cutting, sanding and other applications; suitable for soft wood, hard wood, dry wall, plastic or metal
– 20V Li-Ion Battery
– 15 accessories included to provide all the essential components
– Solid contractor bag
– Voltage: 20 volts
An affordable multi tool oscillating 19-Piece Kit.
(4.3/5) This electric multi tool has a good power and it is easy to change its attachments but has a loud noise.
Before choosing a multi tool it is important to check if the product has the features that fulfill your needs. You can view which features need to be checked especially in the part “Things to Consider Before Buying”. These features are mainly power type, power rating, oscillation speed, additional features that come with a tool and warranty of a product.
After reading this part, it will be easier for you to view the oscillating tool comparison and see the ones that will work the best for you. Also, reading cordless multi tool reviews from the ones who use the products, can give you another perspective about the tools.
In this way, you can find the product that fits the best to your work and make your job easier for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the best cordless multi tool?
While the best electric multi tool products are mentioned above, you can take a look at the part “Things to Consider Before Buying” and choose accordingly as another option. A power multi tool that has a high power rate and oscillation speed can be the best one since it will be quite powerful and help your work easily. Also, if the product has extra attachments included in the package, it can be considered as a plus too. According to the list in this article, a DeWalt cordless multi-tool can be the best choice for you.
2. What is the best oscillating multi tool on the market today?
Top 6 best oscillating multi tool on the market today is as it is shared with you above. However, it is important to check if these top rated multi tool products fulfill your needs when your intended purpose is considered.
3. Are multi tool blades interchangeable?
Interchangeable blades of multi-tools give them the ability to doing different works. Therefore, yes, you can change the blades of a multi tool product and keep doing your work by using the same tool. The best multi tool blades can be chosen according to the oscillating tool reviews above.
4. How do I choose an oscillating tool?
You can choose the best electric multi-tool for you by considering the work and time you aim to use it. According to these facts, you can choose the one that lasts longer if you aim to use it for a work that will take your time a lot. Also, considering the power rating is another important issue since you may need a powerful machine for a big project.
5. What is multi tool used for?
A multi-tool can sand, saw, and cut different materials. You can do all these by using only one tool and changing the accessory that you use. In short, multi-tools help you to do numerous jobs by using one tool.
6. Can a multi tool cut wood?
Multi-tools are the handiest tools that help a lot in workshops. This product is not only able to cut, sand, and saw wood, but it also works for metal, and drywall.
7. What is the best multi tool to cut metal?
Plunge cut oscillating saw blades can be the best choice to cut metal. You can easily change the head of your multi-tool and put this blade to cut metal.
8. Will Bosch multi tool blades fit DeWalt?
You can change the blade of your multi cutter easily, it doesn’t have to be from the same brand but other types of blades can fit, too.
9. Who makes the best cordless multi tool?
Brands such as DeWalt, Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee, and Porter-Cable has successful cordless multi-tool products which are quite powerful and make your work easier. However, before choosing the best product for you, it is important to check the features.
10. Are oscillating multi tools worth it?
If you use tools to sand and saw a lot, a multi-tool can make your work easier since once you have a multi-tool, you will not need a different tool for these jobs but you will only use one tool. In this way, you can do more work with fewer tools. Therefore, it can be said that if you aim to use tools for these works, then you will not regret having a multi-tool.