Last updated on August 4th, 2022 at 01:46 pm
Let’s talk protection. Without spending a lot of dollars you want a truck bed coating that is high in quality, durable and protective against everything like spills, scratches or extreme weather. You are probably loading your truck bed and always putting a lot of pressure that automatically require a proper maintenance. The brush on bed liners we are going to review below, include everything you need to protect the bed of your truck.
Things to consider before buying best brush on bed liners
The one thing you can do for your cargo trucks to keep them safe and lasting is to buy the best liners for them.
Texture of liner
Before getting a bed liner make sure it is made of quality ingredients that can:
- Protect your truck bed
- Seal your truck bed against damage
- Can easily be applied with brush or roll-on
- Watch out the construction of liner
- Make sure to do a patch test to examine the properties of liner
Purpose of use
- If you are mainly using your truck bed for lightweight work, you should go with spray painting as well as brush on bed liners
- This will seal out any moisture by giving it a protective coating
- If you use your truck bed more for purpose of heavy weight lifting you probably go with the plastic, rubber or carpeted bed liners
- This will provide extra protection against dents and scratches
- A rubber mat or plastic sheet can be easily installed
- Spray painting is permanent and require additional tools like roll-on and brushes
- A rubber mat provide a strong base and friction
- More slippery place can help you slide heavy objects easily
- Consider the condition of your truck bed first
- Corroded truck bed must be treated first. If not, place a durable heavy mat on it
- If condition of your truck bed is excellent, clean and new. Go with best truck bed liners
- Removing and washing truck beds may require some after touchups or proper re-application of paints.
Top 10 best brush on bed liners
1. Herculiner HCL1B8 brush on bed liner
- 1 gallon ready to use black protective coating
- Comes with an easy application brush and two roll-ons
- Manufactured in china. Ads extra shine.
- For products to apply like metal, wood and concrete
- Polyurethane tough texture coating
- Five times thicker results than other local liners
- Gives a skid resistance surface that do not peel or flake
The herculiner black gallon brush on bed liner is our editor’s top pick and a complete package of protection. It is a ready to use 1 gallon jar that contains black coating liner two roll-ons and one application brush. Comes with all the tools you need to create a perfect smooth layer of truck bed liner. Which is tough, durable and shiny. You can also buy herculiner white gallon for your color choices.
A customer used this brush on bed liner of a cargo trailer surface and is very happy with the final results. He said 2 kits were enough for my heavy tractor bed. Customers are fairly impressed with the product.
2. Rust-Oleum truck bed coating quarts
- The product is elegantly designed and gives a smooth finish
- Prevent rust, scratches, corrosion, oxidation and extreme temperature effects
- Finished texture that forms to the contours of truck
- Manufactured in US. Enhance your vehicle’s appearance
- Rust proof formula that can be easy applied with brush and rollers
Rust oleum is a DIY roll on bedliner from a trusted brand name that is approved by many professionals. It is easy to apply with brush or rollers and on any tricky area of truck bed. The consistency of paint can be a bit messy sometimes. Shake well before you open and use it. it is practical way to enhance the beauty and life of your vehicle.
From some of many customer reviews, one wrote that: I have painted so much stuff with these roll on bedliners. Plastic. Wood. Tons of metal. It’s all good, and it all holds up.
3. U-pol products Raptor truck bed liner
- This product is 10 times stronger than other liners
- It can be applied on metal, wood, plastic and concrete
- Provides a variety of finish results
- It is easy to apply all over your truck bed and any other spot
- For smaller area application it is also available in 2k aerosols
- It is designed to cover and protect an average size truck bed
If you are looking for product that can easily be applied at home. The u-pol products by raptor is a good choice of brush on bedliner. It is four liter spray can. It includes a spray gun, a brush and a roller to cover the whole truck bed easily as per your choice. The installation process is really easy. You just have to remove the things you don’t need to lineup, clean the corroded surface and spray it on.
A customer wrote that: The product itself deserves 5 stars. This kit gave a good coating on my 5′ Tacoma bed, and I took off my faded plastic fender covers and gave them each two coats. It looks AWESOME.
4. Dupli-color black truck bed coating
- This is the all-purpose versatile product
- Provide a layer of protective coating
- A coating of unique black vinyl polymer
- A durable and impact resistant coating
- Require 1 hour to dry completely and ready to touch
This brush on truck bed liner is a water based product that gives a unique black texture to your truck bed. The formula is easy to clean as you can clean it by using soap and any other detergent with water. Don’t need to waste the leftover paint, as you can use store it in a dry place and use it whenenver a touchup is required. It is strong and durable and not very viscous. Once it is dry it provide a non-skid surface.
Some customers have shown satisfactory reviews about this product like: I was glad I did some test pieces prior to using this on my truck. This is really like a textured plastid, not a durable bed liner. It’s soft and likes to peel away from the corners. The look is much textured but note that the black is not a true black, it’s a grey roll on bedliner.
5. Custom coat black truck bedliner
- It is a 1 gallon professional custom coat spray
- The kit includes 4 – 24 fl. Oz. cans of bed liner base
- 4 – 8 fl. Oz. cans of custom coat standard hardener
- It covers approximate area of 110 – 130 square feet
- The protective coating surface id heat resistant and waterproof
- Create a Durable and long lasting protective textured coating
This truck bed liner spray kit is everything you need for a perfect textured truck bed. It can bear the extreme temperature / climatic conditions. The product is heat, UV, and, water resistant. It protects the coated surface from rust and corrosion. These benefits and features make this product the best roll on bedliner. Ensure that you have already clear up and sanded up the bed surface before applying the liner. Additionally if you are using primer as a base you will definitely get a sticky coat over it. it contains a heavy duty urethane coating that is easy to apply.
Out of so many reviews, some customers wrote that: I’m pretty methodical when I spray, this stuff does not require being a robot. The texture hides overlap and seems pretty well. Just go by eye and don’t be afraid of shooting a spot that doesn’t look right. No blending required.
6. Herculiner grey brush on bed liner
- It is an easy DIY brush on bed liner kit
- An original do it yourself bed liner
- A polyurethane coating of tough texture in three easy steps
- Covered the truck like professional spray coating at home
- Creates a durable skid resistant protective coating
- The versatile liquid that can be applied on wood, metal and, concrete
- Rust resistant bonds that seals every surface
herculiner gray quart brush on bed liner is a safe and protective method to make your truck ready for all kind of temperature changes. It provide a tough coating against any damage or scratches. It can be applied on any surface like metal, wood, plastic, rubber, fiberglass, concrete and aluminum. The coating is grey and white in color that is water proof. The kit comes up with every equipment you need to cover your truck bed.
If you are going to apply this product i highly recommend watching some videos before you do so!! There are many little things that are worth knowing before you apply product. This product itself is amazing.
7. Speedokote T-rex black bed liner
- Three steps Easy to use black liner
- Stains and abrasion resistant
- Also protects against oxidation, corrosion, rust, damp and extreme temperatures
- It is water proof and provides excellent adhesion
This speedokote black bed liner comes with a free spray gun and two bottles of activator hardeers. This large kit is perfect to paint multiple truck beds at a same time. It has a urethane based formula that is quick drying and easy to apply. Use a primer base for better finished results. Properly sand up the bed before applying the bedliner. The product leaves a shiny and glossy finish after it gets dry. If you want something like matte finish you should look at other products.
I have used this product at least a dozen times on various projects. The finish looks great and very easy to use and seems to work on almost anything. I have used it for truck beds, outside along the bottom of vehicles for rock guard or to cover rust, fender flares, plastic scooter body, bumpers, whole cars and subs.
8. Por-15 OEM bed liner
- It is stain resistant and water proof liner
- You can easily remove it by using soap and water
- It helps prevent scratches and chips
- A professional product that is permanent flexible
The por-15 bed liner is a 1 gallon cheap roll on bedliner can. It is easy to apply and leaves a glossy texture behind. The formula used in manufacturing this product is rust resistant and water proof. It is water base formula before complaining about its consistency make sure to properly sand up your truck bed. So that it won’t peel off. Manufactured in an American company named new jersey.
This stuff is Awesome! Bought a cheap spray gun and played with the pressure a bit and covered the entire inside of my Jeep Wrangler YJ with 2 coats. It would be better if you don’t use brush applying it. it works best with spray guns and rollers.
9. Dupli-color 128 fl. Oz. bed coating
- Dupli color all in one touchup tool kit
- Gives exact color, match paint and finest results
- Approved by vehicle manufacturers for a perfect match
- Provides original factory finish
- The brands also manufactures the finest vehicle accessories
No matter what size of your truck bed is, this 1 gallon can of dupli-color product is enough anyway. It is perfect DIY roll-on bed liner with a water base formula. A less amount of odour makes it comfortable and easy to use. Easy application feature allows you to apply it with brush, roller, spray guns and even with aerosol. This non-abrasive quick drying formula will leave your truck bed with a durable and non-skid rubberized finish.
Used this product on my 1978 Ford F-150 short bed. This is an outstanding product when used properly. I sanded my bed down to bare metal and washed the bed out with soap and water. I then used an acid metal etch and then primed the bare metal with POR-15 Preventative rust coating. It gives a fantastic finish.
10. Raptor UP-4885 white bed liner paint
- Offers convinent and fast ways to apply the coating
- No spray gun or tool is required
- White colored liner for smart spot repairs
- Withstand the toughest conditions
- This aerosol provide a no mess application
- White textured gun finished
The raptor up4885 white bed liner paint is compatible with variety of materials like glass, wood, metal, plastic and concrete. The formula is made of urethane and is also water and rust resistant. This durable, long lasting and strong liner provide protection against damage, scratches, corrosion, chemicals and fuels. Comes with a roller, two abrasive pads, two trays, roller handles and a hardener. For more ease of use the instruction is written step by step on a sheet that also comes with the kit.
Very happy with this product. I used 2 cans to cover the bottom body panels of my Chevy Avalanche and did two coats. The outcome was much better than I expected.
In order to extend the life of your vehicle, you need to make a smart decision for your truck beds. A basic or professional can of liners with a brush or roll-on can be very helpful. All the mentioned bed liners will save your few bucks and provide you with efficient results. From these top 10 and our editor’s pick. We are confident on our research that these will be helpful for you in anyway. What is ideal and how to choose what is best for your vehicle is really a task. We hope our guide is helpful enough to make your decisions effective.
What is the best brush on bed liner?
HERCULINER Bediner Kit, U-Pol Raptor and, Dupli-Color Bedliner.are the best brush on bed liners so far.
Are spray in bed liners good?
While the metal and paint of a typical bed do a good job of protecting the surface from outdoor elements, scratches, dings, and dents are different altogether. Spray-on bed liners, however, use different materials that are more scratch and impact-resistant, so damage is less likely to show up in the first place
Which is better Line-x or rhino liner?
The increased thickness of a softer Rhino liner gives it a softer “rubbery” feel, and the liner’s surface isn’t as rough as Line-X so it’s gentler on knees and cargo. Rhino’s thicker coating also aids in sound deadening, and the surface seems to “grab” objects better than Line-X.
Do plastic bed liners cause rust?
Plastic liners are known to trap water between the liner and the bed of the truck. This can cause rust or corrosion, especially if your truck sits outside for a long period of time. This will expose the metal underneath the paint and will lead to rust spots.
How much do spray on bedliners cost?
The cost of a LINE-X spray-on bedliner varies by location but averages around $500. Customers can choose to upgrade their bedliner with UV protection to prevent fading or opt for a tougher spray-on coating formula for maximum durability.