Last updated on August 4th, 2022 at 02:11 am
No, that isn’t a typo in the title and no, you didn’t read it wrong. Today we will talk about the seven best basketball shoes for volleyball.
You may be wondering why we are recommending basketball shoes for volleyball. Well, to put it simply, volleyball and basketball, both sports require the same jumps and movements and thus you need a product that has great traction, strong support, and soft cushioning.
Since the demands of both games are quite similar, shoes made for basketball work amazing for volleyball too. So, now that we are clear let us take a look at the 7 best basketball shoes for volleyball.
What to Consider Before You Buy
Difficult to decide what pair you should select? You should always know what to buy and on what factors. If you are looking for basketball shoes for volleyball here is my guide to help you in decision making.
- Most of the volleyball is indoor as basketball. So you need a good set of shoes with great traction patterns. Those patterns must be fine enough for planes, clean, and slippery courts.
- The shoes that offer high traction sticks to the floor in a fine way. Protect you from sliding and falling.
- While playing such panicking games or any sport you must at least wear comfortable shoes. You must have enough cushioning for heel and arch comfort.
- When wearing shoes for a long time you must check the cushioning around the ankle. Also, the tongue should be cushioned nicely.
- If your foot rubs against your laces that would be irritating. A thicker tongue will protect this scenario. Well-designed cushions can also help you to block heel pain and you will perform much better.
- The material of your basketball shoe matters a lot. It can affect the durability of your set. As compared to cheap materials, leather and strong fabric material last longer.
- Hence, a breathable fabric material is good. The ballistic mesh is finer than an ordinary one. You can also go for synthetic fabric as well
- For a durable shoe, the material should be built using thick thread and soles should have fixed perfectly.
- If you are in the mid of the game and your shoes come apart, you won’t be happy. This is not only annoying but demeaning also. You must be buying durable shoes to prevent yourself from such a situation.
- Lastly, don’t forget to check the lockdown. Always pick your pair of shoes with a powerful lockdown. As a fact, we know that volleyball players need to jump to often. Lockdown must be there either through laces or any means.
7 Best Basketball Shoes For Volleyball
1. Adidas Harden vol 3
- Color: Ink/Active Orange
- Package Dimension: 14 x 8 x 6 inches
- Item model number: G54024
- Fine material
- Great traction
None to be found
Addidas Harden vol 3 is one of the remarkable shoes of 2018. Not only for basketball but they are the greatest shoes for volleyball as well. Talking about its traction, it is made by the latest technology. The latest two versions of this model have honey coon or lunar surface.
The magnificent aesthetic of Adidas James Harden vol 3 when merged with high-quality material. It makes the shoe exclusive performance, for volleyball as well.
These are the latest signature shoes of the popular Shooting guard and 2018 NBS MVP. Overall, it is a good quality shoe.
2. BRONAX Men’s
- Color: red, black, white, black/blue, black/gold, blue, green, orange.
- Package Dimension: 9.6 x 5.9 x 3.4 inches
- Variety of colors.
- Rubber soles
- Great tongue collar
- No air pockets
- Little easy to slip
The BRONAM Men’s Stylish Graffiti sneakers are surely eye-catching. Its stylish design will grab your attention and do not matter wherever you go. This graffiti style not too common. And what makes it comfortable is its rubber soles.
BRONAX Men’s shoes are quite easy to slip. It has a fine tongue collar for additional comfort. Also contains shoelaces for protecting a warm fit. Its long-lasting rubber sole is huge for keeping good pose and stability.
Furthermore, it comes in 9 colors. If you need extra support, you can use spare insoles. But without it, inner soles are still above standard in quality. Looking to the outer sole, it is a solid rubber that provides you higher stability and balance for jumps and landing. It does not have an air pocket due to which your feet may get sweatier than usual.
Overall, this stylish graffiti sneaker is an outstanding option for those who want to have a little showoff and game as well.
3. Nike Men’s Air Force 1
- Color: black, white, gray, red, orange.
- Package Dimension: 14 x 8 x 6’’
- Item model number: 315122
- Comes in 27 colors
- Rubber soles
- Leather edges
- A little costly
Nike is a famous brand, for its style, price, and quality it is reputed internationally. These Nike men’s air forces are made of a great combination of synthetic material and leather along with solid rubber sole.
The Nike Men’s Air Force 1 comes with leather edges, with quality detailing. For maximum durability, it contains layers for nourishing the core of the shoe. As a result, they are highly comfortable.
This Air Force incudes innersole which is well-cushioned. And, contains a pivot point that allows utmost movements in all directions.
Altogether, it is exceptionally durable, comfortable, and reliable. And stylish as well.
4. Adidas Crazylight Boost
- Color: Black/White/Shock Cyan
- Package Dimension: 12.9 x 8.8 x 4.9 inches
- Item model number: D96933
- Boost Cushioning
- Rubber soles
- Traction is not that good.
Moving to Adidas Crazylight Boost. What is so special about it? Well, it uses boost cushioning technology. Thus, the name “Boost”.
Ideally, you always need a well-cushioned and lightweight shoe. For extra comfort and support, these shoes contain a molded ankle collar with a cushioned heel. Furthermore, it has a midsole and herringbone outsole that produces spare grip. Comes with rubber sole.
Looking at its material, it is synthetic and textile. Textile and canvas add to the durability.
5. Under Armour Men’s Lockdown 4
- Color: red, gray, black, teal, royal
- Package Dimension: 12.7 x 10.4 x 4.8 inches
- Item model number: 3022052
- High traction
- Low prices
- Solid leather toe area
Under Armour is created with 100% synthetic substances. And contains solid rubber sole. It carries penetrated leather which helps to upgrade air circulation and breathability for your feet. It comes with a great amount of cushioning for utmost support and comfort and is lightweight.
Under Armour contains EVA inner sole which is highly comfortable. Its outer sole is made up of rubber and comes with multi-layered traction which allows a great grip on any surface. These are a marvelous budget option that meets the features of big brands.
If you are considering shoes with high traction and great control on any surface, your choice should be Under Armour Men’s Lockdown 4.
6. Nike hyperzoom volleyball shoes
- Color: Black/Anthracite
- Package Dimension: 14 x 9 x 4 inches
- Item model number: Variation
- Strong grip
- Less expensive
- Good balance
- Not that much easy to clean
The Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi is a full ankle length shoe that is made with fully breathable synthetic material. Its upper cushioned ankle support makes this shoe one of the perfect choices for jumping and running. This well-cushioned design makes sure that you are comfortable while playing.
The Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi contains rubber sole offers gat traction for a strong grip. These basketball shoes contain air gaps to increase the breathability for your feet. Nike Air Technology makes sure that there is plenty of cushion for your heels. This amazing design comes with breathable mesh
Overall, the Nike Air Visi Pro VI Men’s Basketball Shoe is a great choice.
7. Adidas Originals Men’s NMD
- Color: Grey Three/Grey Three/Solar Red, Black/Black/White, Grey Two/Grey Two/Silver Metallic
- Package Dimension: 12.09 x 8.11 x 4.8 inches
- Item model number: 21411726
- Fine fitting
- Great cushioning
- Light in weight
- pricier than your average
The Adidas NMDxr1 Prime Knit shoes are made of fabric and textile alone with rubber sole. The Adidas Prime Knit feature for the upper portion provides maximum fitting for your feet throughout playing.
Adidas Original Men’s NMD is one of the most comfortable shoes in the toughest conditions after all they are 100 % made of flexible material. It has molded EVA midsole which provides a cushion to your feet and is light in weight. But, provides heavy cushioning.
Overall, the Adidas Originals Men’s NMDxr1 Prime Knit running shoes are an outstanding option for those with a high budget.
A big launch into the opponent’s court is the victory of many players. That was weird that one was looking for basketball shoes for playing volley. But we tried to prove the similarities of these sports. There is much more to check out while buying your pair. From durability, material to the traction, cushion, and supports, there are a lot of features to go through.
Picking the right pair of shoes for any sport is a crucial task. We are sure that after going this review, you must have decided which pair is going to make a home in your ground. Happy jumping!
1. Is there a difference between basketball shoes and volleyball?
The two main differences between basketball shoes and volley show are their weight and soul. Basketball shoe soles are designed for running where volleyball shoes come up with stability. The midsole ingests most of the blow. The weight of volleyball shoe is light as it requires more movement.
2. Are basketball shoes bad for your feet?
No, but their excessive use can be bad. Looking for a sports show is a critical decision. Bad shoes can only take you to ankle and foot injuries, back pain, and much more. Not affecting your feet only but your body as well.
3. How tight should volleyball shoes be?
While moving your foot, your volleyball shoe must be able to move. But when moving your foot, it should not move inside the shoe. It should not be too tight but warmly tight. Your toes should barely touch the edge of the shoe. Adding up, you should be able to put a finger down the back of your shoes.
4. Can I wear running shoes for volleyball?
Volleyball shoes produce different stresses on the ankle, legs, and feet than running shoes. Only for beginners, it is fine to wear running shoes but they won’t be entertaining as volleyball shoes do. You won’t be having that grip and traction. As running shoes provide forward movement, this would not be a good idea to play volleyball wearing running shoes.
5. What is so special about volleyball shoes?
The most fascinating thing about volleyball shoes is its gum rubber sole which gives is higher traction over other kinds of shoes such as cross-training shoes or running shoes. Furthermore, volley shoes are designed this way that they allow you to react faster along with the side-to-side movement.
6. How long do volleyball shoes last?
Under ordinary circumstances where players wear it on game day that is 4-5 days in a week, it lasts for a full season. If you are wearing them casually, they normally cover a year or more. The signs that shoe is wearing out, the ankle sides become weak and lose its tightness with your foot.
7. Are our high top shoes good for volleyball?
Volleyball does not provide you any facility unless or until its high top is not of powerful material like ankle brace. If you have your strong high top fine. But if not then you would be in more pain from not having that substance on the feet.