Now regardless of what kind of music you enjoy, investing in a subwoofer is always a better choice than random car audio. In case you have no idea as to what a subwoofer and what features to look into when purchasing one, then you have landed on the right page.
One of the best things about driving is being able to listen to the kind of music you enjoy while driving. And what’s the point of driving and listening to music when you don’t have the best 8-inch subwoofer car audio? So, purchase one RIGHT HERE.
Subwoofers are meant to produce audios with low frequencies. Regardless of the kind of music, you are listening to or the volume you are playing it at a good subwoofer will be able to improve your listening experience drastically.
As the speakers installed in cars are small so they aren’t able to produce the right amount of low-frequency. To add depth and realism to the audio get this subwoofer:
The Skar Audio Single is one of the best 8-inch subwoofer car audio available in the market. This is one of the loudest 8-inch subwoofers which comes in a loaded subwoofer complete bass package. So get your right here:
As a subwoofer plays a huge role in making your good-sounding system into a great-sounding system so you should be buying a top-notch subwoofer.
The ideal pick will depend on a lot of factors like your taste in music, the space available and your budget.
- 1 Buying Guide for Subwoofer Car Audio
- 2 Key Specifications
- 3 Our Favourite Pick
Buying Guide for Subwoofer Car Audio
We have listed a few scenarios for you so that you can select that this the most retable. In this way, you will be able to find a subwoofer that would match your needs.
Building a personalized system
In case you want to select components that you can assemble to make a personalized system then start off by looking for component subs.
What is a component sub?
It is a speaker that needs to be mounted in the subwoofer box in order to operate. Along with that, you will require an external amplifier that would power the sub.
The size of component subs is usually as high as 15” to as low as 8”. The models have been manufactured to operate well on high and low power and work in all kinds of boxes.
On visiting the market, you will encounter many setups of voice coil and impedance. So, you can select the model that you match with your design.
Installing an “off-the-shelf” enclosure sub combo
Enclosed subs come pre-mounted in the box which is designed to accommodate the sub. This way the need to select san enclosure is eliminated.
Plus, it cuts out the work for you in case you are building and designing your own system. The drawback of this is that speaker quantity and suitable box choices will be decreased. You will also have to get an external amp that would power the sub.
Space-saving and simple bass system
The Rockville SS8P subwoofer is a massive 8 inch subwoofer which can be easily adjusted under the seat due to its slimness.
In case you want to keep it clean and nice then a powered sub is the ideal option. What a powered sub does is that it combines a woofer and sub in the enclosure.
As the amplifier is already built-in so you will have to find some space for this additional piece of equipment and install it.
The majority of powered subs have a compact size so they wouldn’t take up that much space.
Thou powered subs offer super effective bass, their minor amplifiers and drivers aren’t able to provide the ultimate sound power. So, if you are looking for extreme bass then this isn’t the product for you.
On the plus side, the installation of such a system is super easy and their compact size makes them an ideal add-on to the factory stereo set up.
Subs that would blend with the interior of the car
I guess you are looking for a sub that would be vehicle-specific.
Such subwoofers are designed to be able to fit the “out-of-the-way” places in trucks, SUVs and cars. The colors of such subwoofers are matched with the interior of the vehicle.
Just like powered subs these too aren’t ideal for big bass. They will however be more than enough for all your listening needs and wouldn’t take up much space in the car.
Want the best 8-inch subwoofer
In case you are looking for the best 8-Inch subwoofer then CLICK HERE. We have listed the best products made out of the right components. In short, you will all that you need in these products
After narrowing it down to the type of subsystem, next up we will have a look at prominent specifications. Specification make all the difference so comparing subwoofers is essential. Listed below are the main features that one should consider:
- Power: if you are looking for a system that booms efficiently then you will require one that has a lot of power. What you need to do here is to focus on the RMS power ratings instead of the peak power rating. RMS is actually a measure of the amount of continuous power that the system can handle.
- Sensitivity: Power and sensitivity go hand-in-hand for achieving the highest output. A subwoofer that would have a higher rating of sensitivity will be able to output the same quality audio with lesser power as compared to one that has a lower rating of sensitivity.
- Range of frequency: this range defines the duration the subwoofer can play.
- Type of enclosure: Enclosure type has a huge impact on the audio. For example, a sealed box provides a deep and accurate sound like a ported enclosure produces greater volume
- Voice coils: Car audio fanatics love using dual voice coil subs. Dual voice coils offer more wiring flexibility and two voice coils with separate connections.
- Woofers size: in case you have no issue with space then opt for bigger subs as they can play the audio well. Thou one shouldn’t underestimate compact subs cause if they are powered correctly and installed in the perfect enclosure, they can provide quite an amazing sound.
Our Favourite Pick
The CT Sounds Tropo is one of the most powerful 8-inch subwoofer which comes from the best subwoofer brand for car audio. This infinity reference 8-inch subwoofer is the best car subwoofer under 200 that you can get your hands on.
For more amazing reviews make sure to CLICK HERE.