Check out our list of the best sales to shop at in February, whether you’re looking for Valentine’s Day presents or just something special for yourself.
Most people associate February with cold weather and Valentine’s Day. The shortest month of the year offers more than just that, though.
Also available at fantastic discounts are TVs for the big football game and winter clothing being moved to the clearance rack.
Read on to find out the best sales to shop in February if you’re curious about the steep discounts your favorite stores provide.
Before the Big Game, You Can Get TVs at a Discount
You might believe Black Friday is the best time to find a new TV deal.
However, many people need to be aware that the days and weeks before Super Bowl Sunday can provide TV and home entertainment deals that are at least as good as Super Bowl Sunday.
- Consider this. On Sunday, February 12, millions of people will tune in to watch the Super Bowl this year.
- To enjoy the best viewing experience, many of these individuals will upgrade their TVs. Retailers profit from this desire by promoting incredible TV deals in February.
- If you’re wondering where to look for these bargains, we suggest checking out places like Best Buy, Target, and Walmart.
- These stores typically have some of the best sales if you’re looking to buy a new TV in February.
Shopping List for February:
Retailers are reducing prices on goods across categories this month due to the several holidays, tax season preparations, and the Big Game filling up the majority of February.
To make sure you’re spending money intelligently, focus on a few critical areas because only some sales are worth buying now.
The categories of goods that our experts believe you should think about purchasing in February are listed below.
Jewelry, Flowers, and Perfumes:
The National Retail Federation predicts that in 2023, Valentine’s Day spending will reach $25.9 billion.
Popular presents like flowers, sweets, cards, perfumes, and jewelry are frequently discounted this month.
Before Valentine’s Day, flower delivery services often offer discounts, but some of the best deals on jewelry and fragrances can be found the Day after the holiday when retailers are scrambling to sell what’s about to become unwanted leftovers.
- Fragrances and gift sets for beauty products frequently experience price drops after February 14, particularly at beauty department stores.
- Making a jewelry purchase after Valentine’s Day is wise.
- The last significant jewelry gifting occasion before Mother’s Day is Valentine’s Day, so expect jewelry to be priced to sell, she said.
Read: 5 Tech [Hot Stuff] on Amazon that is 40 to 80% OFF This Week
Software for Preparing Taxes:
This month, tax software retailers offer discounts of up to 25% on state and federal tax files made online by e-Filers.
Smarty’s CEO and consumer savings guru, Vipin Porwal, says it’s like receiving a return before you even file.
- Most tax preparation services let you import prior tax years’ returns from rivals, making it simple to switch providers if you want to take advantage of a particular offer.
- The weeks running up to the Big Game (February 12), in addition to Black Friday, are among the finest times of the year to purchase a TV.
- There are frequently Black Friday repeat prices for more affordable TVs as well as tempting discounts for higher-end models.
- Porwal added that discounts of up to 40% are available on TV models up to 75 inches in size.
Read: Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Women Purchase At the Last Minute
What to Buy this Year Later
- Around February, retailers will begin to stock spring clothing, but try to avoid adding warm-weather apparel, footwear, and accessories to your shopping bag.
- May and June are often when you can find the best prices on spring clothing.
- New patio furniture is also available this month, similar to spring clothing. Wait until September if you’re searching for a decent offer, though.
- As the weather cools off in the fall, retailers start slashing prices to eliminate extra inventory.
Reads: Don’t Miss These 12 Amazon President’s Day Sales!
- This month, against purchasing other goods outside TVs, such as laptops and headphones.You’ll discover offers closer to Memorial Day or Amazon Prime Day.
Schedule a Reminder for the Presidents’ Day sales
Presidents’ Day also ushers in excellent prices like the promotions we experienced in January for MLK Day. The sales during this three-day weekend are among the best in February.
In particular, you can get great deals on clothing, electronics, furniture, household goods, giant appliances, and mattresses (for more information, read our guide on buying mattresses).
- Do you want to know how much money you can save during the Presidents’ Day sales this year?
- Expect to save hundreds of dollars off the suggested retail price of mattresses, furniture, and appliances.
- Savings of far over 50% are frequently seen on specific devices, such as laptops and desktops.
- As merchants try to sell their winter-weather clothing, some discounts on clothing and accessories can range from 50% to 75%.
- Presidents’ Day weekend typically sees deals and discount codes at many retailers.
- It includes well-known companies like Home Depot and Macy’s and department stores like JCPenney and Kohl.
Read: TP-Link Routers and Smart Home Devices are On Sale at Amazon
Some Shops will Continue to hold White Sales in February
You may already know that retailers typically discount bedding and bathroom linens by 40% to 70% in January.
- But did you know that February is frequently when you might find these alleged “white sales”?
- Check out department stores like JCPenney, Kohl’s, and Macy’s if you’re in the market for new bedsheets and towels.
- If you want to purchase in February and save a lot on linens, these well-known stores frequently provide some of the finest bargains.
Pay Attention to the February Clearance Sales
Finally, clearance sales are among the most significant deals in February.
You can get offers on Valentine’s Day clearance, and steep reductions on winter clothes companies have put on license.
You can find significant discounts on anything from sweets and décor to gift baskets and even jewelry on the days after the most romantic Day of the year.
Finding a reasonable price often requires some searching, but it’s worth it (and part of the fun).